Match Thread: LCSF2: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Was only last week there was a discussion on the saves PEP had made and some saying no way Nyland could make similar saves, I guess he's proved some wrong with some of the saves tonight.

Wish Nakamba could dispatch the balls he cleans up better and more secure Too many times he just passes it quickly to a player that instantly comes under pressure, very much like Hause does. That shit probably works in Belgium, but it doesn't work at this level. Nor do we have a lot of players comfortable with such quicky feet. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Running well, good positioning, winning balls and making runs... pretty good so far. Tapped in an offside pass. Then fluffed a very difficult cross, but I think his chance will come second half and I wouldn’t be surprised if he scores one

He's barely touched the ball. Not easy being thrown in at the deep as he's finding out. Most of our play has been on the break so hard to judge what kind of player we have on our hands so far. Let's hope he can get more involved in the second half.

• Like 1

Bad points, they are the same every week.

Hause awful passing 

Konsa dithering

Louiz dithering and poor passing.

They have all done good things but it gets undone with the constant bad things.

Targett looking good with jack, fred fast becoming a monster, marvelous making some good interceptions but again gave it away a good few times.

Thank god man of the half nyland has been in great shape today.

Come on me babbies 

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Great half. Great effort.

Still. We cannot keep the ball for more than a couple of passes and it's a concern. And i think it has a lot to do with the formation.

We changed to this formation for that VERY reason.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how is samatta doing?

Good, looking to get a one touch lay off then move, not chasing aimlessly but doing enough, both his chances the offside and the dancing feet were both from good movement

the dancing feet chance I think he should stab at it with his right rather than sweep it with his left, both are unlikely to go in

He's definitely a proper striker so an instant improvement 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chips'ngravy said:

He's barely touched the ball. Not easy being thrown in at the deep as he's finding out. Most of our play has been on the break so hard to judge what kind of player we have on our hands so far. Let's hope he can get more involved in the second half.

He played a part in the goal. I’ll happily have a striker that puts himself about all game, and has only a handful of touches. It only takes one touch to score.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Geez, 62% possession for Leicester. 

Which will get worse 2nd half

We've scored, guilbert should have timed his run better for the offside goal, AEG had 2 to pick from and found the Leicester defender in between them

Leicester will have the ball but I think both teams will have chances