Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Some reckon the self employed have never had it so good during this pandemic. There seems to be work, and plenty of it, and the government are throwing thousands of pounds at you. Got a funny feeling we’ll pay it back and then some.....

This is my experience of people I know. Taking all the handouts and doing loads of work. The challenge is doing enough cash work to avoid turning a profit (and having to pay grants back).

Pisses me right off. Plasterer I know spent 18k on a car couple of months ago and the other day had an electric garage door installed but is claiming all the payments designed for businesses in distress. He’s NEVER had it so good.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

This idea doesn't really ring true in my industry

Of course bicks . Should have been more specific . Those in the building trade . I’ve had my share of time off but I know some that haven’t stopped and have had 20k in grants handed to them 

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is my experience of people I know. Taking all the handouts and doing loads of work. The challenge is doing enough cash work to avoid turning a profit (and having to pay grants back).

Pisses me right off. Plasterer I know spent 18k on a car couple of months ago and the other day had an electric garage door installed but is claiming all the payments designed for businesses in distress. He’s NEVER had it so good.

The ones that dealt mainly in cash without declaring it , shot themselves in the foot because they got nothing , or very little in terms of grants. As you know, some haven’t stopped and have had all the grants given to them. £7500(There been 3 grants so far) being the max handout at one time . You have to pay the tax and National insurance on it out your tax rebate in may/April 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Morrisons playing hard ball now. About time. 

Seen a handful of people without masks in recent weeks... they may well be exempt, but walked in unchallenged, so we'll never know. 

• Like 3

I’ve seen more people not wearing masks in supermarkets this time than I ever saw during in the last lockdowns. I counted 8 people walking around a Tesco in Doncaster last week. I get the sense that there’s a lot of lockdown fatigue and people (a minority of course) have become apathetic. Good to see that supermarkets will challenge these people now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Some reckon the self employed have never had it so good during this pandemic. There seems to be work, and plenty of it, and the government are throwing thousands of pounds at you. Got a funny feeling we’ll pay it back and then some.....

29% levy on all grants to be paid back on 20/21 Tax bill mate, Half the lads I've spoken to are unaware it's taxable but now PCP'd upto their eyeballs in German motors!;

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

29% levy on all grants to be paid back on 20/21 Tax bill mate, Half the lads I've spoken to are unaware it's taxable but now PCP'd upto their eyeballs in German motors!;

Yeah but at least they'll impress the neighbours with their low spec A Class! Thats what its all about! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yep, some will owe money if their tax rebate doesn’t cover the bill. I know one lad who’s using his grants for a deposit on a house . Unbelievable...

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah but at least they'll impress the neighbours with their low spec A Class! Thats what its all about! 

I've never seen so many Hi-vis vests diving around on a dinner time!.. 😂

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I'm struggling to think of anyone who is exempt from wearing a mask who should be out shopping rather than having home delivery.

Sister in law works for a national chain of DIY stores, other day there was an entire family (2 adults and 2 grown up kids) without masks. She knows she shouldn’t have but she asked them politely if they could put a mask on. The mum smugly replied that they all had asthma. 

Even if that was true, which it obviously wasn’t, having asthma should mean extra precautions not less. **** scum. 

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yep, some will owe money if their tax rebate doesn’t cover the bill. I know one lad who’s using his grants for a deposit on a house . Unbelievable...

Yeah Approximately £6.5k tax bill liable so far if they took the maximum on the 3 grant's, Gonna be hard to bring that down with expense, hotels, travel etc when claiming because on one hand your telling us your adversely affected and not been working "Your Honour"

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Yeah Approximately £6.5k tax bill liable so far if they took the maximum on the 3 grant's, Gonna be hard to bring that down with expense, hotels, travel etc when claiming because on one hand your tell us your adversely affected and not been working "Your Honour"

There’s another grant to come yet as well. A lot don’t know you’ve got to pay tax and NI on it in April. Going to be a few shocked faces once that bill arrives. Another thing which is pretty common is people swindling their rebate . Some of the rebates the lads I know from work get is unreal . We’re talking thousands more than they are entitled to. Shit will hit the fan this year I reckon .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sister in law works for a national chain of DIY stores, other day there was an entire family (2 adults and 2 grown up kids) without masks. She knows she shouldn’t have but she asked them politely if they could put a mask on. The mum smugly replied that they all had asthma. 

Even if that was true, which it obviously wasn’t, having asthma should mean extra precautions not less. **** scum. 

I have asthma and wear a mask. Yes, it can be uncomfortable but for the sake of humanity I can put up with a bit of discomfort! Its a relief when I get back into the motor and remove it though! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Lad I work with he’s type A diabetic ffs and he hardly wears a mask. He tells them he doesn’t wear it for health reasons. The daft **** doesn’t realise if he catches COVID there’s a pretty high chance it will make him seriously ill if not kill him . He’s oblivious to it. 

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

And even if you somehow couldn't wear one...Maybe just send a single person instead of treating everyone to a safari trip of the full family of words removed on tour. 

• Like 2

Â