Generic Virus Thread

villakram

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The lockdown in the Rhondda is quite harsh, one of the rules: Pubs have to close at 11:00pm prompt.

That should outsmart the late night virus, rocking up at spoons at 11:06 and finding the doors are shut.

Does the virus only come out to play later in Wales? (It's 10pm here)

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Does the virus only come out to play later in Wales? (It's 10pm here)

Yeah, it’s because of the underfunded transport infrastructure.

11:00pm on the dot, or they risk getting asked again and then if they still ignore it they get asked again but in a less friendly manner.

It really is quite draconian.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Protest Singers; a synopsis.

Billie Holiday: Racism

Edwin Starr: War

Bob Dylan: Injustice

Bob Marley: Inequality

N.W.A: Police Brutality

Woody Guthrie: Fascism

Ian Brown/Noel Gallagher/Van Morrison: Cotton masks/being inside for a bit

It’s not just masks though is it.

I drove past an infant school earlier on the way to a shop, I could see them shuffling around in single file and being told where to stand, if you don’t find that tragic then all power to you.

Just consider the stunting of their personal growth, how important creativity and freedom at that age is.

Its horrific, the government have us right where they want us, churning out obedient robots with no social skills, that’s the future generation(s) if we don’t get a grip on ourselves quickly.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Lancaster locked down where there is hardly any cases and Blackpool not with a surge of cases. Watch out for the illuminations,  its going to to be mayhem. 

I think with the illuminations Blackpool is being treated lightly.

Seriously though where I live in Lancashire is getting a local lockdown and we've had a handful of cases a day - it was often 0 or 1 a day and now it's an average of about 3 or 4 a day - so a big percentage jump, but tiny numbers. Twunts.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I drove past an infant school earlier on the way to a shop, I could see them shuffling around in single file and being told where to stand,

It’s absolutely nothing like that at my kids school. They go in as normal but get a squirt of hand wash each as they pass through the gate.

Class is the same. They just have staggered break and lunch times to reduce cross over with other groups.

Just consider the stunting of their personal growth, how important creativity and freedom at that age is

How is that in any way impacted?

Its horrific, the government have us right where they want us, churning out obedient robots with no social skills, that’s the future generation(s) if we don’t get a grip on ourselves quickly.

:crylaugh:
The UK government rubbing their hands at the worldwide pandemic, the collapse of the economy and and needing hundreds of billions to plug the healthcare system. Being constantly under fire for **** everything up and called to answer for the death of tens of thousands of people... but then Haha, we finally got the over 12’s wearing face masks in shops and people standing 1m apart at the bus stop.

dwight schrute smirk GIF

Edited by Genie

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s absolutely nothing like that at my kids school. They go in as normal but get a squirt of hand wash each as they pass through the gate.

Class is the same. They just have staggered break and lunch times to reduce cross over with other groups.

How is that in any way impacted?

:crylaugh:
The UK government rubbing their hands at the worldwide pandemic, the collapse of the economy and and needing hundreds of billions to plug the healthcare system. Being constantly under fire for **** everything up and called to answer for the death of tens of thousands of people... but then Haha, we finally got the over 12’s wearing face masks in shops and people standing 1m apart at the bus stop.

dwight schrute smirk GIF

You’re asking how creativity and freedoms are impacted during a time when we’re told what to wear, where to go and when and what we can and cannot do dependent on what the time is and which part of the country you find yourself in - you seriously have to ask that question? 

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You’re asking how creativity and freedoms are impacted during a time when we’re told what to wear, where to go and when and what we can and cannot do dependent on what the time is and which part of the country you find yourself in - you seriously have to ask that question? 

So you think it’s better to retain creativity but allow a highly contagious disease to rip through the population? 
Why is it in the governments interest to want people to wear a face mask if the truth is it’s not needed?

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think with the illuminations Blackpool is being treated lightly.

Seriously though where I live in Lancashire is getting a local lockdown and we've had a handful of cases a day - it was often 0 or 1 a day and now it's an average of about 3 or 4 a day - so a big percentage jump, but tiny numbers. Twunts.

Yes thats what i was told. Im not far from Lancaster and theres been a small increase in numbers. I know a lot of people are commuting from Preston and Bolton to Lancaster though so maybe its not such a bad thing. 

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s not just masks though is it.

I drove past an infant school earlier on the way to a shop, I could see them shuffling around in single file and being told where to stand, if you don’t find that tragic then all power to you.

Just consider the stunting of their personal growth, how important creativity and freedom at that age is.

It’s basically down to who you want to believe.

Do you believe Johnson, Hancock and Baroness Harding of Winscombe. Or do you believe David Icke, Ian Brown and Denise Welch.

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

So you think it’s better to retain creativity but allow a highly contagious disease to rip through the population? 
Why is it in the governments interest to want people to wear a face mask if the truth is it’s not needed?

You think this government is acting honestly or is being driven by anything other than the whims of a certain bald headed sociopath? 

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s basically down to who you want to believe.

Do you believe Johnson, Hancock and Baroness Harding of Winscombe. Or do you believe David Icke, Ian Brown and Denise Welch.

I dont believe either set of people.

As with most things there’s a middle ground, it doesn’t have to be one end or the other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’m intrigued by the “they just want to control us” argument. Assuming “they” are the government I’m keen to know what they are getting out of people wearing face masks at the shops.

It does run slightly contrary to my fear of the facial recognition cameras they want everywhere.

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I dont believe either set of people.

As with most things there’s a middle ground, it doesn’t have to be one end or the other.

Are you also worried about the increasing use of facial recognition cameras?

That is the long term invasion of your privacy and erosion of your rights that feels more of a real threat to me.

• Like 1

A lot of places involved there that probably aren't taking details currently.

Edit:

It looks, then, as though it's a way of 'nudging' people in to downloading the app (launching next week on 24th, it says in the replies) probably so that they can sell this as a policy success when millions have downloaded it because the law says they need to or else give their personal details to a barber or the bloke behind the betting shop (or 'betting hall' as they refer to it in the legislation) counter.

Edited by snowychap

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You think this government is acting honestly or is being driven by anything other than the whims of a certain bald headed sociopath? 

I think the requirement of face masks is driven by the highly contagious respiratory disease that is going round. If the rest of the world was doing 1 thing and we’re doing something else then it would be more of a concern for alarm.

I won't be downloading their app under any circumstances, but legislating for contact tracing seems proportional to what's currently occurring. We need to be taking all reasonable steps to reduce the possibility of stricter lockdowns, and it's clear a lot of places couldn't be bothered asking for details until they're forced to.

I'd be all for random spotchecks and heavy fines, followed by potentially even closing the premises for places that refuse to comply with at least requesting details. If you can't be arsed to do the bare minimum to help keep businesses open during a pandemic, you ought to be shut down.

Dealing with aggressive customers who refuse is another matter, of course. 

Â