Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Talk of another 2 week national lockdown in the press today has me very conflicted. 

It's probably the right thing to do from a health perspective. We have to get the numbers of new infections (which are certainly higher than reported due to lack of testing) down or deaths will rise as it seems logical that there's a lag between these stats because people don't die from this immediately.

If it happens I'm really concerned that my job and countless others will be massively at risk though. I'm an IT project engineer so my job relies on me having new project work coming in and the ability to visit client premises. Both of which stopped last time.

Average of 12 dead per day? That’s not lock down material.

If the age of those infected is rising and so the death rate rises then I guess there is a chance, at some point in the future in order to stop the swamping of the NHS. But I think that’s a very long way off. At it’s peak, we had empty field hospitals waiting for patients.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Honestly at this point, is there a physical symptom that can’t be related to Covid?

Next it’ll be a bad mood or feelings of self-loathing that will be added to the list.

That's me **** then!

Wake up with a headache? Must be covid and therefore I demand a test! Just take an asprin instead! 

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Last November I had these two symptoms as well as other symptoms related to COVID. The fatigue was awful. Ended up with pneumonia because the doctors were treating it like flu, normal flu. Strangely, it was being out on steroid tablets (big dose) that helped me recover. 

Still think I had COVID. Sure I know it was way before people had it, but this was worse than any flu I’ve ever had. 

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

ShabbySilverIslandcanary-size_restricted
Theres good news and bad news...

The bad news is that some of your elderly relatives will lose their lives as a direct result of government policy, yeah I know gutting, you didn’t see me in there.

The good news is, we’ll be able to pay for MP pay rises out of the savings on pension payments, so, every cloud.

ah, you’re still thinking about the bad news aren’t you.

• Like 4

Must rush around to all my mates houses in the next few days as we're in "lockdown" from Tuesday. It seems to me that "lockdown" now means, no going round someone else's house and the pubs are shutting early

Not really going to impact me that much at all. I've been out once since the start of March

So it’s now a northern virus only is it? 

It’s the most particular virus I’ve ever come across that’s for sure.

Only attacks groups of 7 or more people, unless they’re shooting grouse, or in a pub and it doesn’t attack you on a train if you’re eating or drinking.

Along with @bickster I’m locked down as of Tuesday, it also won’t affect me greatly as I’ve not been going out much either but it just seems fishy to me given that reported cases in Warrington have been low throughout the saga.

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Haha 1

Â