Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Pretty sure I’ve got it. Just woke up feeling pretty crap . Headache, burning blocked nose . Felt a bit iffy just before I went to sleep . Will test in the morning . 

Praise The Lord Bejesus 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve got the dreaded virus . Sweating buckets through the night. Bit of an headache but providing it don’t get much worse I’ll be up and about 

Take it easy for a few days, good luck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Take it easy for a few days, good luck. 

Bit shitty this morning but I’m good as gold now. Done some housework been sorting food out for everyone , had a shave and just took the dogs out for an hour(obviously not been around anyone). The dogs need walking at end of the day and I wanted some fresh air. Missus is better today . Kids are pretty much fine. Looks like we’ve had it mild, maybe with the help of the vaccines. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Blocked nose and feeling better so soon, did you have a positive test? I think you might just have the man-flu, mate :P 

Did the test this morning and it came straight up positive. Knew I was going to have a crap night because I could tell I wasn’t right. Seems the worst of it hit me through the night . Our house is riddled with it 🙄

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bit shitty this morning but I’m good as gold now. Done some housework been sorting food out for everyone , had a shave and just took the dogs out for an hour(obviously not been around anyone). The dogs need walking at end of the day and I wanted some fresh air. Missus is better today . Kids are pretty much fine. Looks like we’ve had it mild, maybe with the help of the vaccines. 

If you’ve tested positive shouldn’t you be staying at home? 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

If you’ve tested positive shouldn’t you be staying at home? 

By the book yes . There’s a big field and woodlands which is quiet near us. The dogs were getting restless so didn’t see the harm in it. I’ve not gone into work and won’t be going into any shops. Obviously some won’t agree but I made the decision that it was safe enough. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Hope you and yours are ok chap but you really should be staying in Ruge if testing positive. 

Don’t want to come across like I’m sticking two fingers up at everyone. I’ve tried my hardest to stick to the rules over the last two years . Will start wearing a mask again at the school and shops etc with infection rates going up. I took them out purely because I knew I wouldn’t bump into anyone, especially this time of day. I suppose if everyone had that idea it wouldn’t be good. I’m feeling well and the dogs need walking. Can’t not walk them for 10 days . 

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I saw a woman I know and her young toddler in Morrison’s last week. Both were positive. I knew this because my missus knows her well and she lives opposite us. No masks either.

These guys...what the actual ****!!

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

Let’s not pretend the anti-mask babies would have lasted a minute in the blitz | Marina Hyde | The Guardian

Marina Hyde as ever nails those non mask-wearing **** ever so well. 

It’s funny that so many of those who bang on about the ‘war effort’ seem unable to do something minor for the public good

While the scientists work out how bad the Omicron variant is or isn’t, the government has reimposed mask-wearing in shops and on public transport for at least the next three weeks. Consequently, a number of prams have been swiftly emptied of all toys. Across the airwaves – and up and down the train carriages and the supermarket aisles – you can find multiple refuseniks who suffer from the pandemic version of that old sexual problem: being “too big for condoms”...

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I see nothing wrong with that personally. 

Each to their own. I think we’ve all had enough of rules on what we can or can’t do . Bit of common sense should prevail but I get why some may not like it. I’ve got an hospital appointment Friday to have stitches out of my thumb. Obviously I won’t be honouring the appointment. I’ll be out with the dogs about 7.30 in the morning again. Be no one about though .

• Like 1

Had a letter from my kids school saying they are not seeing either high numbers or increasing numbers of Covid in school so are continuing with a Carol service this evening. 

I wasn't going anyway but thought it interesting. 

I guess once it gets in at a school it can spread like wildlife but obviously not got in at our school yet. 

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Each to their own. I think we’ve all had enough of rules on what we can or can’t do . Bit of common sense should prevail but I get why some may not like it. I’ve got an hospital appointment Friday to have stitches out of my thumb. Obviously I won’t be honouring the appointment. I’ll be out with the dogs about 7.30 in the morning again. Be no one about though .

I got some stick in the first lockdown for going out for a walk far away from my house or going for a drive. The problem with the "common sense" approach is that some halfwit will think "yeah I've got covid, but I'm only popping in to the corner shop for some bread" but I don't see the problem with getting some fresh air a long way away from anyone. It's probably not an ideal message to take away from a pandemic, but what I learned is that the law is an arse and I'll use my own judgment.

• Like 2

Â