Generic Virus Thread

villakram

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I was asking a doctor about this last night and he reckons there's nothing in it and it just depends on the technique of the person administering the jab

Maybe, I was a little suspicious as she drove the needle home with some hefty blows with a claw hammer. 

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

18 hours in to Pfizer booster.  Zero "poorly" feeling symptoms but one hell of an ache in the arm.  Thank god I had it in the left.

If you are left handed then it might not be because of the jab.

• Like 1

Our cases do seem to be remarkably consistent.  Been in a similar area for weeks now, we're in another period of small falls again now whilst the rest Europe seems on a very steep upwards curve.

Edited by sidcow

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Our cases do seem to be remarkably consistent.  Been in a similar area for weeks now, we're in another period of small falls again now whilst the rest Europe seems on a very steep upwards curve.

30th November...

UK new cases: 39,716

Spain: 10,261

You made me go look with the statement 'the rest of Europe'! Did you mean 'some bits of Europe'?

Germany is pretty high but I'm shocked that the UK has been averaging about 40,000 new cases since July! It makes a difference looking at those numbers that Germany has only been so high for a month. I didn't look anywhere else. I was just intrigued.

Anti-vaccine Christian broadcaster Marcus Lamb dies at 64 after contracting Covid
Lamb's Daystar Television Network had asked viewers in recent days to pray for his recovery.

By Tim Fitzsimons

Marcus Lamb, a co-founder and the CEO of the conservative Christian Daystar Television Network who vocally opposed Covid-19 vaccines, has died at 64, weeks after he contracted Covid-19, the network said.

“It's with a heavy heart we announce that Marcus Lamb, president and founder of Daystar Television Network, went home to be with the Lord this morning," the network said a tweet Tuesday. "The family asks that their privacy be respected as they grieve this difficult loss. Please continue to lift them up in prayer."

Lamb's son, Jonathan Lamb, filled in for his father on a Nov. 23 Daystar broadcast and beseeched listeners to pray for his father's recovery from Covid-19.

Speaking to viewers from Lamb's hospital bedside via telephone, Lamb's wife, Joni Lamb, said, "With this thing, it's kind of like riding a roller coaster.

"It's like, you'll just be up and everything's great, and then you have a little lull, and then you come down low and then you come back up, but from everybody that I talk to — I think that's the pattern," she said.

"We can really feel the prayers of the people," she said, thanking viewers for their prayers.

"Pray specifically for his lungs to clear the Covid pneumonia and pray for his oxygen level to continue to be strong and to go up so that we can wean him off of oxygen and bring him home," she said.

Jonathan Lamb described his father's Covid infection as "a spiritual attack from the enemy" to "take down" Marcus Lamb.

The network has dedicated hours of broadcasts to anti-lockdown and anti-vaccination activists and groups. 

NBC

Several countries reporting massive issues with ‘the unclean’.. I mean unvaccinated. Norway, Denmark, Netherlands and France all reporting that COVID patients without vaccine stay longer in the icu, go on the vent quicker, die more often and generally have it worse once in hospital. Get vaccinated people!

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

New symptoms today. Can taste anything and stomach ache. 

It'll be that chicken and veg soup you made 

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Woah woah woah there. Let's seek some clarification here. Did you make the chicken soup, or did you open a can. This is important. 

Do you know how hard it is to open a can of soup with a torn thumb tendon ? The time it took me it may as well have been home made 🙂

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Do you know how hard it is to open a can of soup with a torn thumb tendon ? The time it took me it may as well have been home made 🙂

This sort of shit wouldn't fly on MasterChef and it doesn't **** fly on VT. Injury or no injury. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

30th November...

UK new cases: 39,716

Spain: 10,261

You made me go look with the statement 'the rest of Europe'! Did you mean 'some bits of Europe'?

Germany is pretty high but I'm shocked that the UK has been averaging about 40,000 new cases since July! It makes a difference looking at those numbers that Germany has only been so high for a month. I didn't look anywhere else. I was just intrigued.

I'm talking about trends, not overall cases. Spain like most of Europe is on an upwards curve. I've not looked but I bet we're one of, if not the only country testing downwards. 

I would also question how much testing Spain are doing v us. We test a hell of a lot so as Trump would have it we find a lot of cases. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm talking about trends, not overall cases. Spain like most of Europe is on an upwards curve. I've not looked but I bet we're one of, if not the only country testing downwards. 

I would also question how much testing Spain are doing v us. We test a hell of a lot so as Trump would have it we find a lot of cases. 

Yeah the graph in the UK has been consistently at 40k for months. There are lots of up and downs so it would be a push to say the UK is on a downward trend as far as I can see. It's par for the course that it'll go down a bit then up a bit. It more seems as if the other countries in Europe are joining the UK in coronaville to various different degrees, but the numbers are still high and have been very high in the UK for months. Also see deaths have been sky high in the UK. Over double Spain. (This bit here is more a response to when you said the UK's numbers are high because of more testing.)

I don't know. You wonder how much testing the UK is doing in comparison to Spain...it's an interesting idea. We do testing here too though. We've also worn masks for months. I have no answer though. But we haven't shut schools or had a lockdown since June 2020.

But trend wise, yes, it's definitely going up. If I'm reading too much subtext into what you're saying forgive me! I'm still smarting over how ridiculous City are. 

Edited by Rolta

We’ve sent all the non double vaxxed people to work from home since we opened our borders to the plague states (VIC and NSW might not seem too big of hot spots on a global scale but my state which shares a border with Victoria has been mostly completely COVID free or single digit case numbers for virtually the whole pandemic but for the very start) it’s still an alarmingly large chunk of people missing which is disappointing, we should be using our privilege of relatively low case numbers to be getting as well prepared as possible for when one of these strains inevitably eventually cracks us but even amongst people who aren’t non vaxxers there is a disappointing level of apathy and ‘I’ll do it later’ about their attitudes.

Edited by Eidolon

Â