Generic Virus Thread

villakram

God I'm tired of a coworker of mine who's a total conspiracy theory nut. He's constantly spouting imagined things about the vaccine, about the 'new order' and about how covid is a hoax. I've had family die from this and it's come to the point where I don't want to be at work. The clear and obvious stats about the vaccine is that it helps prevent ICU-admissions, but the guy just won't listen. I've been so close to having a proper go at him..

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

God I'm tired of a coworker of mine who's a total conspiracy theory nut. He's constantly spouting imagined things about the vaccine, about the 'new order' and about how covid is a hoax. I've had family die from this and it's come to the point where I don't want to be at work. The clear and obvious stats about the vaccine is that it helps prevent ICU-admissions, but the guy just won't listen. I've been so close to having a proper go at him..

Wouldn’t waste your breath and time with him . I work with someone similar who’s thought process is just bonkers. He can’t grasp that the vaccines are actually doing more good than harm. He’s the one that actually gets wound up about it, so it’s quite amusing. I’ve lost my grandad who was at deaths door anyway, but I’ve seen the heartache what this virus can do to families. 

44 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I know a guy like that.He watches Qanon news on utube and dosent believe mainstream news.He has said things like,the pope is going to die,in 2 weeks ( he said that in Febary ) there is going to be a new monitary system where there will be no more debt ( he said that in febuary as well ) and the covid 19 is just a scam so that people will rush to get vaccinated,but what really happens is that they inject a little microchip in you so that you are under the control of the government.He has said a few other things as well but I consider all of it verbal diarrhea. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

6 cases of the new variant detected in Scotland, some of which didn’t travel so caught it in the community. 
Cats out the bag now. 

I think we all knew that anyway didn’t we. Inevitable that it was already in the uk even before news broke of the new variant . 

Missus still in bed , her vision is playing up and she’s out of breath just going up and down the stairs, but she’s not too bad overall . 

11 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have a cold. Just a **** cold. Cold symptoms and nothing more. But it's 2021 and I have been lying awake all night convincing myself I have the plague. Is this the future now?

Yes. Unfortunately. 

I had the same last week. I just treated it as a cold - wrapped up warm, had lemsips and told my work colleagues I had a serious dose of man flu but I would battle through it like the champion I was. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I've come home and been burning up and shivering all afternoon. Test booked for the morning. 

Probably just a cold. Lot of it about. 

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Probably just a cold. Lot of it about. 

I was hoping so, but the school I work at have today sent a letter to parents saying we've had a covid outbreak. I'm a bit annoyed as I didn't have a clue we had cases. But I'm expecting the worst for my test result tomorrow. 

Just had my booster - Moderna. It’s a little over 6 months since my second jab. There was a queue at the walk-in centre. The pharmacist was great but did say it would’ve been nice if they’d been told booster for everyone was being announced this afternoon! 

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

Just had my booster - Moderna. It’s a little over 6 months since my second jab. There was a queue at the walk-in centre. The pharmacist was great but did say it would’ve been nice if they’d been told booster for everyone was being announced this afternoon! 

I'm just glad I have my booster booked for next week now as those slots are gonna disappear fast

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I'm just glad I have my booster booked for next week now as those slots are gonna disappear fast

To be fair to them they were doing anyone with appointments first before walk-ins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I was hoping so, but the school I work at have today sent a letter to parents saying we've had a covid outbreak. I'm a bit annoyed as I didn't have a clue we had cases. But I'm expecting the worst for my test result tomorrow. 

Same happened at my sons school and his best mate he shares a table with tested positive, somehow he avoided as we lateral flow tested multiple times over 8 days including me and my wife.

The school then sent a note in the newsletter there had been an outbreak of "sickness" but not actually saying what it was when pretty much all the parents knew exactly what it was.

Last week my lads school sent out a message warning is that we’d shortly receive a “school locked down due to covid” message but not to panic, they’re just testing the system… 

I have a feeling it’ll be an extending Christmas break this year.

Â