Generic Virus Thread

villakram

The number of deaths here in W.A. can be counted on the fingers of one hand ( and you would still have some fingers left over ) IMHO thats why people here are being so complacent.They think this situation is going to last forever.

COVID: Three quarters of under-50s in hospital with coronavirus are unvaccinated, figures reveal

Most coronavirus-related deaths among younger people also happened to those who had not received their first dose. Everyone aged 16 and over in the UK is able to get vaccinated against COVID-19, and a booster programme is also expected to be unveiled at some point this month

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-three-quarters-of-under-50s-in-hospital-with-coronavirus-are-unvaccinated-figures-reveal-12398321

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

COVID: Three quarters of under-50s in hospital with coronavirus are unvaccinated, figures reveal

Most coronavirus-related deaths among younger people also happened to those who had not received their first dose. Everyone aged 16 and over in the UK is able to get vaccinated against COVID-19, and a booster programme is also expected to be unveiled at some point this month

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-three-quarters-of-under-50s-in-hospital-with-coronavirus-are-unvaccinated-figures-reveal-12398321

My worry is that if the cases shoot up (which may well happen, we're not entirely there yet but just look at Scotland) then that 25% going into hospital could very well place a huge strain on the NHS yet again :( . Not that we have much wriggle room as it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Over 42000 cases today, the effects of the vaccines are starting to wane as well in those that got vaccinated early. The booster cant come soon enough but are the percentages taking it going to be as high as with the first two doses. Worrying times still. 

I must have posted before the official number of cases was released.  It is quite worrying, especially when you see the number of people being admitted to hospital increasing, as well as the number of people on ventilators.  We're far short of the peak we saw in January mind and it is a much slower rate of increase (currently).

UK Gov Coronavirus Healthcare

Edited by trekka

If you want an eye-opener, according to the Government dashboard, the Glasgow City region had 6167 cases in the week up to 29th August (an increase of 2569).  What the fudge is going on there?

The vaccines are doing a great job. Maybe not the golden egg we was hoping for, but are  we being unrealistic? Most places and people are going back to normal now regarding restrictions so cases will obviously be going up. Without the vaccines far more people would be dying and needing hospital treatment . I’ve just read they are trying to push through legislations for the winter as it’s looks like we may have to go into lockdown again or some form of lockdown . 

17 minutes ago, trekka said:

My worry is that if the cases shoot up (which may well happen, we're not entirely there yet but just look at Scotland) then that 25% going into hospital could very well place a huge strain on the NHS yet again :( . Not that we have much wriggle room as it is. 

I think we’ll need restrictions to help hospitals out as we head towards Christmas . You’ll then have the anti vaccine brigade saying what’s the point of the vaccines then. 

13 minutes ago, trekka said:

If you want an eye-opener, according to the Government dashboard, the Glasgow City region had 6167 cases in the week up to 29th August (an increase of 2569).  What the fudge is going on there?

schools go back earlier in Scotland

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, trekka said:

What’s that per 100,000? 

Just now, PaulC said:

Thought it was being rolled out by the end of the month 

Nope, you didn't actually believe the new Minister of Lying (health) did you.

They hoped you wouldn't notice but yesterday as part of the 1% of immune compromised people it was said that it is yet undecided.

They can't decide whether its booster or the kids who are getting it

I really think schools are the key to this phase now. 
The population who aren’t vaccinated, mixing heavily and most likely to be transmitting the virus without knowing it.

We need to get a handle on that (in a way that isn’t sending them all home to isolate).

I saw it with my own, mild headache for a day and that was it, but both testing positive for a week.

The primary schools must have infected kids in every class. 

Edited by Genie

Well some stupid cow in our street has been letting her lad play out even though his sister and dad have tested positive for Covid . He’s been playing with my daughter last few days in the street, although as soon as I’d found out his household has Covid I kept my daughter indoors. Yep, you’ve guessed it, the lad in question has now tested positive for Covid. It’s really infuriating.

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

Do you have a source for this please?

I’ve seen things in a few places for both of the main types he have.

here for Pfizer 

The efficacy of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine steadily declines to about 84% about six months after a second dose, according to CEO Albert Bourla.

Data from Israel shows the waning immunity also erodes protection from severe illness. 

The vaccine's initial studies showed it protected people 100% of the time against hospitalization, but that falls to low 90% and mid-to-high 80% after six months, he said.

• Like 1

Â