Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

My 4 year old daughter has tested positive tonight after 4 staff at her nursery tested positive in the week. Absolutely crapping myself now as I'm immunosuppressed, even though triple jabbed. Did one of the antibody tests and I've not created any.

Selfishly speaking now, please get the boosters if you can. People like me have lived in fear of this since it hit.

Sorry to hear that.  As above, stay safe and ride this thing out.  All the best to you and your family. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

My 4 year old daughter has tested positive tonight after 4 staff at her nursery tested positive in the week. Absolutely crapping myself now as I'm immunosuppressed, even though triple jabbed. Did one of the antibody tests and I've not created any.

Selfishly speaking now, please get the boosters if you can. People like me have lived in fear of this since it hit.

That’s crap . Could you move out until she’s all clear and the house is all clear or is that not an option. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s crap . Could you move out until she’s all clear and the house is all clear or is that not an option. 

Luckily that's what I've just done. My Dad has a spare bedroom with ensuite so I've moved in there until they're clear. Just feel like a right heel towards my wife, she's been left to deal with our girl. I'm hoping I'll be back home before Christmas, so long as my wife or son don't test positive after Tuesday or Wednesday.

I hate this virus.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Genie said:

I was gonna have at look if any new sooner appointments had been loaded onto the NHS website but it’s currently being overwhelmed with demand and wouldn’t load.

Do a walk in, you do not need an appointment

• Like 1

By this rate we're likely to see our trusts being even more overwhelmed than they were when delta got a foothold. My local trust is already full with delta patients who are either unvaccinated or with underlying diseases. Please get your boosters folks. If you're unvaccinated then please get your first shot. Every little bit helps.

10 hours ago, Rolta said:

What info do you have to provide for a walk in out of interest? I'm coming over from Spain for Christmas next week, and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get the booster.

Name, NHS no, confirmation of dob and address. I did it last weekend and it was a very simple process. 
Obviously this was before Boris decided to go all chicken little over the boosters to distract from last years’ Christmas parties so I’d expect walk-ins to be a lot busier now. 

• Thanks 1

Well that's good. Logged in today and was in a queue which was supposed to be 5 mins- ends up being over 20.  Put in NHS number in twice, picked a drop in centre- and now back into the queue again apparently. Its almost like making the book in appointments a free for all is crashing the system.

Also they appear to be out of home testing kits.

Edited by The Fun Factory

36 minutes ago, choffer said:

Name, NHS no, confirmation of dob and address. I did it last weekend and it was a very simple process. 
Obviously this was before Boris decided to go all chicken little over the boosters to distract from last years’ Christmas parties so I’d expect walk-ins to be a lot busier now. 

Yep, he loves a bit of distraction tactics! OK thanks for the info. I don't know my NHS number, but I seem to be able to book an actual appointment, so maybe I'll go with that.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

I am double jabbed. I "respect the virus". I tell my close ones (the most volnourable ones) to look after themselves, and take precaution. I also would strongly advise anyone not jabbed to do so.

I don't read social media (VT is the exception). 

But I don't think everyone who doesn't get vaxxed is selfish, an idiot, or a granny killer. I also think many of the precautions taken across the world go very much against civil liberties. I'm not talking about mask wearing. I am terrified that Boris can tell a single mother that she has to close her business because of the virus. This is a big alarm bell for me, and isn't right.

But what if that single mother, who barely hangs on, now sees Boris having an Xmas party last year? 

I wouldn't ridicule someone who questions the current virus status quo, there are various different people out there with different life circumstances. Not everyone against child vaccination is a social media right wing weirdo, so let's not treat them that way.

Mate that is so bang on and reasonable.  Unfortunately so many folk think you have to be one or the other!

There was a stand off at the school gates today at the lads Primary school. There have been a couple of positive cases in year 5 and 6, the school e-mailed saying that those year groups need to have negative PCR test results to come back into school.

I reckon after a rough count, about 18-20 parents brought their children in without having them tested. The school refused them entry which resulted in, effectively, a protest at the gates regarding their kids being denied education.

Seems to hitting boiling point with kids/schools tbh. I will say, a lot of the parents are vaccinated themselves

I've still never had it after all this time, despite working for a supermarket throughout the whole time, sharing vans with multiple drivers and my fiancée working in the hospital. 

Then you see people catching it multiple times. 

The joys of being a hermit and when I am out and about, staying out of people's space or moving away if they get in mine. 

So you can boost yourself back to 95% protection rate against this new variant but that will tail off fairly rapidly and by 10 weeks after you are going to be back down to 50%. Do we just keep taking boosters every 2-3 months now?

The Gov/Media reporting also make it sound like the first two jabs don't actually do anything against the new variant and the booster is the most important part.

Â