The Royal Family

Genie

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

The actual funeral is boring, I do find all the pageantry, people watching and moving of the coffin mesmerising though.

Its a wonderful show. The outfits, the organisation, music etc. We certainly excel in all this. 

I bet its been a nightmare for the counter terrorism police with all the word leaders in one place, at such short notice. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

No one seems very sad at the funeral 

I honestly believe if you're part of The Firm you are trained and educated in many aspects of conduct and I would imagine showing public emotion is treated very much along the lines of stiff upper lipability. 

Perhaps behind closed doors they let it all out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It's a big advert for people to visit the UK to see all this in person.

Impressive even if you are not a Royalist.

I posted a while back I was looking for ideas for the OH’s 40th in January. London was an option and this has clinched it. 

Now I’m thinking I’ll need quite a bit of time (and money) to get everything done i’d want to do and see.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I posted a while back I was looking for ideas for the OH’s 40th in January. London was an option and this has clinched it. 

Now I’m thinking I’ll need quite a bit of time (and money) to get everything done i’d want to do and see.

It's a great place to visit but would never live there!

You could always commute to Central London from elsewhere though as accommodation can be expensive.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

It's a great place to visit but would never live there!

You could always commute to Central London from elsewhere though as accommodation can be expensive.

I’m a real noob on all things London so I’ll have to do a lot of research. I’d need at least 1 night, probably 2 to get a much in as possible.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m a real noob on all things London so I’ll have to do a lot of research. I’d need at least 1 night, probably 2 to get a much in as possible.

even if you don't see the sights, it's just a nice city to mooch about in. if nothing else, like 80% of the pubs are good traditional boozers rather than places like spoons and slug n lettuce that you find in most other high streets

• Thanks 1

Now that the main event is apparently over (I'm just guessing on timings and the fact that normal noise levels outside have begun to return), I suppose we just have to suffer all of the post match analysis, continued fawning and oleaginous deference for a few more weeks.

Let's hope we get a reasonable break before the bloody coronation.

• Like 1

Â