Krzysztof Piątek

Farlz

2 minutes ago, useless said:

If he signs all well and good, but if it doesn't happen it's not the end of the world, there are plenty of other strikers that we can go for.

Agree but out of those that we've been linked with so far batman, giroud, Benteke, Murray, adebayor it's safe to say he's the most exciting one 

He's above expectations 

Smith has said that there's a possibility of us signing two strikers, which makes sense as we were likely to buy one before Wesley's injury anyway, so I think even if we sign Piatek there's a chance that we're going to sign another that might underwhelm people, which is perhaps where these links to players like Murray are coming from, don't think we'd sign him or some of the other names being mentioned as our main striker until the end of the season, they'd be back up option.

• Like 2

This is 100% too good to be true but I love that we're even trying to make this kind of signing in the first place, would be an amazing signing were we to actually pull it off. The comparisons to Lewandowski might seem lazy because he's a Polish striker, but there's actually merit to it in that he's a bit of a throwback pure natural goalscorer that doesn't really rely on physical attributes too much as just being completely clinical in front of goal.

Was absolutely tearing it up for Genoa when he first moved to Serie A and was one of the more sought after young strikers in Europe. Despite their stature I remember it was a bit of a surprise at the time that he actually chose Milan and it was seen as a massive coup for them. His form carried on to their but has fallen off a bit in correspondence with how average Milan are. They must be putting an awful lot of stock in a 38 year old Zlatan if Piatek has become available because of his return.

Don't trust it will happen but am all for it and then some. We (usually) make chances and he doesn't miss many.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yes, his RECENT stats are a problem. He's been pretty bad this season for them. He has a 1 in 2 strike rate overall in Serie A but that's only because of how prolific he had been last season which is closer to a 1.5 in 2 strike rate. His strike rate this season? 1 in 5 or 300 minutes per goal, and he's been playing a lot of minutes, that's clearly a massive drop off. He's been getting chances according to understat, its just he's been failing to score them. Why do you think he's being sold to us for such a relatively cheap price to begin with if he's really that good? Why have I been reading stuff like how Milan fans think his last season was a fluke?

I just wanted to point out that he's not some currently high-scoring striker that we've somehow able to potential secure the services off. This is a striker who had a very good single season in Serie A, but is currently in a really barren spell especially for his standards, hence why his club is willing to sell him to us for such a price. I think considering his recent form, its very much plausible he won't actually be very good for us, so it would be wise to not expect too much and I can totally see him going the way of the other expensive foreign strikers that have come into the PL recently. I'm actually still all things considered, pretty excited for the signing.

You're absolutely determined to not be pleased about this potential signing, aren't you? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If the numerous reports are correct about Suso being out in Milan and bid submitted then I think it’s safe to say the player has indicated a genuine interest in signing.....negotiations do not get to that level without all parties expressing a willingness to complete a deal. I’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere by an Italian journo that the main issue that needs resolving is the release clause in the contract should a ‘bigger’ club come in for him at a later date; agent wants minimum fee to be £40M, Suso wants it to be much higher non-existent if possible. Encouraging signs that negotiations are at this advanced level. 

TBH, I have never heard of the guy and share some concerns that he has had one excellent  season....but not too much else. Could this indicate that he has already been ‘found out’ or just that he has not settled at Milan. Also worth pointing out that in his best season he was part of a front 2 in a 352 formation - at Milan he has ben more of a lone striker. This does sound a bit like Wes’ previous history although clearly prolific in Serie A trumps Belgium every time. 

Excited...yes, some reservations...yes. A gamble but isn’t pretty much every signing a gamble to some extent?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

You're absolutely determined to not be pleased about this potential signing, aren't you? 🤣

The funny thing is, i'm starting to notice a pattern with certain posters.

Means I shouldn't get wound up about certain things... lol

Some can amplify the negative in anything.

We could be signing Mbappe and they would say he was lightweight and lacked Premier League experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, eholm said:

If the numerous reports are correct about Suso being out in Milan and bid submitted then I think it’s safe to say the player has indicated a genuine interest in signing.....negotiations do not get to that level without all parties expressing a willingness to complete a deal. I’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere by an Italian journo that the main issue that needs resolving is the release clause in the contract should a ‘bigger’ club come in for him at a later date; agent wants minimum fee to be £40M, Suso wants it to be much higher non-existent if possible. Encouraging signs that negotiations are at this advanced level. 

TBH, I have never heard of the guy and share some concerns that he has had one excellent  season....but not too much else. Could this indicate that he has already been ‘found out’ or just that he has not settled at Milan. Also worth pointing out that in his best season he was part of a front 2 in a 352 formation - at Milan he has ben more of a lone striker. This does sound a bit like Wes’ previous history although clearly prolific in Serie A trumps Belgium every time. 

Excited...yes, some reservations...yes. A gamble but isn’t pretty much every signing a gamble to some extent?

Agreed, I don't think our genuine transfer business comes out anymore until it is very advanced.

New "Sheriffs" in town.

Even if it doesn't happen, the ambition is a good sign.

EDIT: Re the system, the 3 - 4 - 3 might suit him?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

'fraid I don't really keep up with Italian football so I have no idea why Milan would want to sell him. He hasn't been there very long has he? Anyone know what's going on?

Marvin used to ask the same question...;)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The funny thing is, i'm starting to notice a pattern with certain posters.

Means I shouldn't get wound up about certain things... lol

Some can amplify the negative in anything.

We could be signing Mbappe and they would say he was lightweight and lacked Premier League experience.

I have 26 people on ignore - so that's an option if it just gets too much 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed, I don't think our genuine transfer business comes out anymore until it is very advanced.

New "Sheriffs" in town.

Even if it doesn't happen, the ambition is a good sign.

EDIT: Re the system, the 3 - 4 - 3 might suit him?

Absolutely, we are much more professionally run now. Good point re 343.....I’m sure that DS has looked at KP’s performance across differing set-ups. 

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen someone post that we have denied we are in talks with Milan over him?

Can this thread have speculation added to title like the good old days? I thought player name topics in main at least had to be having medical like with Drinkwater

• Like 2

Highly unlikely we will sign him IMO ... He is too good for our current position and will probs end up in Spain or a team like Spurs ... I wouldn’t get your hopes up I’m waiting for the story to be squashed as a non starter ... Sadly the other names linked are more realistic... 

Â