Krzysztof Piątek

Farlz

In his career so far in all competitions he's played 15023 minutes worth of football and scored 84 goals, If I've worked it out right I think that that's roughly an average of a goal every 180 minutes of football played. So very prolific. Of course many of those goals will have come in Polish football, but he's also scored 26 goals in 55 games in Serie A, as well as another 8 goals in Coppa Italia. Hopefully we can get him before the City game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I’m not sure we can offer more attacking support than AC Milan...hopefully if this is true we have some creative options on the way in as well. 

We offer a lot more creativity than Milan at the moment in Jack alone

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

25.5m for a guy at his age and his credentials. All of this sounds way too good to be true.

Does €30m euros sound any better?

I agree with you though. I don't really believe this is happening either.

I'll file this one in the same draw as Mbaye Diagne until further notice.

Edited by Spray

35 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m not sure we can offer more attacking support than AC Milan...hopefully if this is true we have some creative options on the way in as well. 

We have scored 27 goals in 21 games this season, with all the injuries and Wesley being naff. 

I don't think creating chances is a problem. Grealish is like 3rd in the league for it. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I hope everyone who was harping about Maupay all season are creaming themselves about this. He's basically a bigger, stronger Maupay with more technical ability.

Hmm, not sure they're that similar IMO.

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We have scored 27 goals in 21 games this season, with all the injuries and Wesley being naff. 

I don't think creating chances is a problem. Grealish is like 3rd in the league for it. 

We have 27xG in 21 games compared to Milan's 24xG in 18 games, so truly there isn't much difference between chances created by both sides.

It looks even worse for them when you consider that despite their xG, they've only scored 16 goals. So 16 goals in 18 games.

Edit: Digging into the stats deeper, it seems Piatek is a major reason for why they aren't scoring as much goals as he's not finishing his chances well this season based on this. He should be having 3 more goals than he's actually scored for them. Could explain why they seem to want to offload him. They seem to be failing to create chances and are failing to score from the chances they do have at the moment. Terrible combination.

This is all from the stats. I personally haven't seen a Milan game this season.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Saw someone on twitter say this is as big as the coutinho, benzema, sneijder links

Think I agree, this has a touch of the mental about it, what a signing he'd be

he's not as good or high profile as those players. he had a great season last year but before that he was an unknown, more or less.

that's not to say he wouldn't be a good signing for us, but he isn't on the same level as those you listed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

We have 27xG in 21 games compared to Milan's 24xG in 18 games, so truly there isn't much difference between chances created by both sides.

It looks even worse for them when you consider that despite their xG, they've only scored 16 goals. So 16 goals in 18 games

Fair enough. I have no idea how Milan are, I've not watched them play. I'm saying I don't think we have a problem creating chances. On actual goals scored we are 9th in the league. Wolves have scored 30 (I don't know their xG)

Been looking further into his stats this season, it ain't good although I'm surprised with their lack of patience with him. Really makes sense now why he they went to sell him. Just sayin, if he were to repeat the form he's shown for Milan this season for us, he probably wouldn't be much better than Wesley would've been.

Edit: 6.5 whoscored rating too. In comparison to Wesley's rating of 6.76. Both ratings are somewhat reliable considering they've both started a lot of games and played a lot of minutes. I know whoscored ain't always right, but again, that doesn't look good.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Been looking further into his stats this season, it ain't good although I'm surprised with their lack of patience with him. Really makes sense now why he they went to sell him. Just sayin, if he were to repeat the form he's shown for Milan this season for us, he probably wouldn't be much better than Wesley would've been.

Edit: 6.5 whoscored rating too. In comparison to Wesley's rating of 6.76. Both ratings are somewhat reliable considering they've both started a lot of games and played a lot of minutes. I know whoscored ain't always right, but again, that doesn't look good.

He has 26 goals in 55 Serie A appearances, and he's only 24 years old. So a 1 in 2 striker in Serie A, and you're saying his stats are a problem?

Clearly things haven't gone well at Milan this season (not just for him, but for their entire squad). But this is a proper striker. He heads the ball like Shearer. This would be a ludicrously good deal for a player that most teams in Europe would have seen as unattainable last summer.

So good, in fact, that I'm not even allowing myself to get excited about it. I don't think it will happen. But if it does, it will be a real statement of intent from the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

He has 26 goals in 55 Serie A appearances, and he's only 24 years old. So a 1 in 2 striker in Serie A, and you're saying his stats are a problem?

Clearly things haven't gone well at Milan this season (not just for him, but for their entire squad). But this is a proper striker. He heads the ball like Shearer. This would be a ludicrously good deal for a player that most teams in Europe would have seen as unattainable last summer.

So good, in fact, that I'm not even allowing myself to get excited about it. I don't think it will happen. But if it does, it will be a real statement of intent from the club.

Yes, his RECENT stats are a problem. He's been pretty bad this season for them. He has a 1 in 2 strike rate overall in Serie A but that's only because of how prolific he had been last season which is closer to a 1.5 in 2 strike rate. His strike rate this season? 1 in 5 or 300 minutes per goal, and he's been playing a lot of minutes, that's clearly a massive drop off. He's been getting chances according to understat, its just he's been failing to score them. Why do you think he's being sold to us for such a relatively cheap price to begin with if he's really that good? Why have I been reading stuff like how Milan fans think his last season was a fluke?

I just wanted to point out that he's not some currently high-scoring striker that we've somehow able to potential secure the services off. This is a striker who had a very good single season in Serie A, but is currently in a really barren spell especially for his standards, hence why his club is willing to sell him to us for such a price. I think considering his recent form, its very much plausible he won't actually be very good for us, so it would be wise to not expect too much and I can totally see him going the way of the other expensive foreign strikers that have come into the PL recently. I'm actually still all things considered, pretty excited for the signing.

39 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think considering his recent form, its very much plausible he won't actually be very good for us, so it would be wise to not expect too much and I can totally see him going the way of the other expensive foreign strikers that have come into the PL recently. I'm actually still all things considered, pretty excited for the signing.

Fair enough, and you're right about his recent form. In the January window, I think you have no option but to buy someone who has question marks of some kind hanging over them, and the question marks hanging over Piatek don't seem too concerning to me.

• Like 2

This is an exciting link, but all reports are of making a bid. A lot could go wrong yet, and it may not materialise. It shows the intent is there though which is great. 

Milan seem happy to move him in, hopefully he will be keen on a move to England, and play more football before the Euros. 

I imagine if it’s not happening we will find out quite quickly. 

The way this has broken is completely opposite to any of our other business in the summer, as they were pretty much done before we found out, so hopefully that’s the case here and it is happening! 

Â