Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Given what lays ahead of us if we don’t get wins, why don’t we get behind EVERY player in the squad and just see where that takes us? 

I think you are spot on, particularly where I sit in the Trinity Road Stand, when there is a misplaced pass, poor shot or mistimed tackle, they are up in arms. I don’t know if it is the same in other stands

• Like 1

we're in the shit, maybe his experience can help us. Worth giving him a chnace if Smith deem him up to it. I like a fair few bits about Nakamba's game and I think Luiz will become a fantastic player but neither are head and shoulders above Drinkwaters (poor) performances this season. We (as a team) did well when we started with Drinkwater then bought Luiz on with about 25 mins left, maybe that could be a tactic we could try again. 

We're in the shit and look like we're going down - we need something to change, and kick our season back off. McGinn will help but he can't do it all on his own 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, commander said:

we're in the shit, maybe his experience can help us. Worth giving him a chnace if Smith deem him up to it. I like a fair few bits about Nakamba's game and I think Luiz will become a fantastic player but neither are head and shoulders above Drinkwaters (poor) performances this season. We (as a team) did well when we started with Drinkwater then bought Luiz on with about 25 mins left, maybe that could be a tactic we could try again. 

We're in the shit and look like we're going down - we need something to change, and kick our season back off. McGinn will help but he can't do it all on his own 

I think you are right, I don’t think Drinkwater’s Villa career should be written off, everyone makes mistakes from time to time, it’s how they respond from them that defines them. Drinkwater should let his football do the talking, he’s one of very few of our squad that is experienced at this level

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2020 at 13:45, OxfordVillan said:

why don’t we get behind EVERY player in the squad and just see where that takes us? 

We don't have to get behind any of the bottle jobs becauses we're not allowed into the stadium.

We will soon see who the training ground players Smith referred to away at vicarage.

If by some miracle their disgusting form picks up, there will be some serious questions to answer. If you can't play in front of a crowd its not for you is it ?  you should get a job working nights in a factory away from everyone.

Drinkwater is a disgrace. He looks fit  granted but he's a pro footballer not a chipendale. He could hardly move when I saw him this season. Smith should of stepped in and told him to  get working on mobility and endurance and not doing 200 sit ups. Hes a joke who think's he's peter Andre.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's back, and he looks like he's in shape!

image.png

He looked in shape when he signed though, there were pictures of how ripped he was. Unfortunately his legs couldn’t keep up on match day.

• Like 2

On 01/06/2020 at 13:45, OxfordVillan said:

Given what lays ahead of us if we don’t get wins, why don’t we get behind EVERY player in the squad and just see where that takes us? 

Some can't help themselves. They find comfort in criticism of their own players and it's the usual suspects. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Some can't help themselves. They find comfort in criticism of their own players and it's always the usual suspects. 

He's not one of our own thou, he's a convicted drunk driver who's contract is up in 3 games.

Had he come here and given his all and performed it would have been one thing (still doesn't excuse the drink driving) but he was the worst player on the pitch in the 4 games he featured and then he went on to headbutt a teammate in training.

Nice for him he has visible abs when he's off to the beach. He still has extremely much to prove here if he's to be seen as one of ours. He has 19 days and 3 games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

He's not one of our own thou, he's a convicted drunk driver who's contract is up in 3 games.

Had he come here and given his all and performed it would have been one thing (still doesn't excuse the drink driving) but he was the worst player on the pitch in the 4 games he featured and then he went on to headbutt a teammate in training.

Nice for him he has visible abs when he's off to the beach. He still has extremely much to prove here if he's to be seen as one of ours. He has 19 days and 3 games.

You sure you haven't missed any other indiscretion ?

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You sure you haven't missed any other indiscretion ?

Go on, I know you want to.

Edit: No? OK. I thought for sure you were going to compare Drinkwater to academy product and club talisman Jack Grealish breaking quarantine being an ass and not getting caught possible driving under the influence. Had he been a loan player and got caught driving under the influence I'd wanted him out asap and his loan terminated. That's not what happened thou.

Edited by sne

8 hours ago, sne said:

Go on, I know you want to.

Edit: No? OK. I thought for sure you were going to compare Drinkwater to academy product and club talisman Jack Grealish breaking quarantine being an ass and not getting caught possible driving under the influence. Had he been a loan player and got caught driving under the influence I'd wanted him out asap and his loan terminated. That's not what happened thou.

"Grealish", would have been just fine. 

9 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

"Grealish", would have been just fine. 

I'm honestly relieved we didn't find out what happened that night/morning 

I'm still mixed on water to be fair. People make mistakes that's a given.

One thing that will happen though is if he goes out there on the pitch, supplies the goods and kicks in a winning ball all those slating him now will just magically change there tune on him.

If the bloke does nothing for the remainder of his days here, he will surely be classed as a waste of a signing  At the moment though I dont see how DW is any different from the many other players who have not managed to show anything great on the pitch this season.

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Some can't help themselves. They find comfort in criticism of their own players and it's the usual suspects. 

Well in fairness Drinkwater has been largely  crap since he has been here. However  I think most are prepared to give him one more chance. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, screwdriver said:

We don't have to get behind any of the bottle jobs becauses we're not allowed into the stadium.

We will soon see who the training ground players Smith referred to away at vicarage.

If by some miracle their disgusting form picks up, there will be some serious questions to answer. If you can't play in front of a crowd its not for you is it ?  you should get a job working nights in a factory away from everyone.

Drinkwater is a disgrace. He looks fit  granted but he's a pro footballer not a chipendale. He could hardly move when I saw him this season. Smith should of stepped in and told him to  get working on mobility and endurance and not doing 200 sit ups. Hes a joke who think's he's peter Andre.

Not your best. I feel let down 🙁

• Like 1

Â