The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

I just think there are a lot of voters out there that just want Brexit over with it. Whether that means the current deal (which people won’t understand) or to remain.  As soon as they hear ‘we will negotiate a new deal’ they think f**k that, this will continue to drag on for months so we’ll vote Tory so it’s over with.  

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree mate but it’s taken Tories years just to get where we are. How long would Labour need to get an improved deal and that’s even if they could.

People do not believe Labour are capable of negotiating an improved deal and they also do not want this dragging on.  

I’m not saying it’s sensible to accept a shit deal rather than continuing to negotiate for a better one. I’m just telling you what the average bloke down the pub (majority of voters) want.  

The time factor should be irrelevant, we're talking about the biggest national decision since World War 2, I don't care if it takes a decade to get it 'right'.

It's this attitude (sorry to pick on you) that's a major issue, everyone expects everything now and patience is well and truly a virtue lost.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just think there are a lot of voters out there that just want Brexit over with it. Whether that means the current deal (which people won’t understand) or to remain.  As soon as they hear ‘we will negotiate a new deal’ they think f**k that, this will continue to drag on for months so we’ll vote Tory so it’s over with.  

It'll drag on for years whatever we do, aside from revoking and staying in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Vive is right that a lot of people feel that way, even if it is complete nonsense for reasons mentioned in the 2 posts above.

Exactly. You lot are thinking about what is rational and sensible. The average voter will not think this way. I think Labour should have gone with what would have got votes. Not what they feel was the sensible approach on Brexit.  Then if they got a majority they let the people decide their fate. 

I think as soon as they said we will negotiate a new deal they lost a massive chunk of voters. Probably completely wrong about that but just my view. 

22 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It'll drag on for years whatever we do, aside from revoking and staying in.

It'll still drag on. You reckon the angry nutbags will just settle down and forget the whole thing if project is taken away from them?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Bastards.

The leaks are real but people are posting fakes in the style.

Yup. To be fair, if I was trying to counter these leaks I'd create a load of fake stories which are over the top to; 

a) attempt to discredit the leak itself

b) to take the focus away from what is actually in there

The more people retweet and circulate fake stuff from this leak, the less of an impact the actual content within it will have. 

Edited by PieFacE

22 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yup. To be fair, if I was trying to counter these leaks I'd create a load of fake stories which are over the top to; 

a) attempt to discredit the leak itself

b) to take the focus away from what is actually in there

The more people retweet and circulate fake stuff from this leak, the less of an impact the actual content within it will have. 

Yup. So short sighted if his 'opponents' are making this stuff up considering how easy it is to brush off scandals nowadays.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

"People" are in for a **** shock when they realise "getting Brexit done" is just the start of the negotiations, not the end of them.

We've got another decade of this bullshit, but with ever increasing levels of poverty and unemployment.

You are probably correct, however once it's 'over and done with' (i.e the date of the event) I give it 3 or 4 months of TV attention, after which a stereotypical Stoke or Hull based voter is unlikely to hear about a trade deal negotiation with the EU in the mainstream media. It just won't be a 'sexy' enough subject to get people reading. 

Yes, the consequences will be felt, but I doubt the wide status quo media establishment will pay much attention to the details of that deal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

You are probably correct, however once it's 'over and done with' (i.e the date of the event) I give it 3 or 4 months of TV attention, after which a stereotypical Stoke or Hull based voter is unlikely to hear about a trade deal negotiation with the EU in the mainstream media. It just won't be a 'sexy' enough subject to get people reading. 

Yes, the consequences will be felt, but I doubt the wide status quo media establishment will pay much attention to the details of that deal.

With Johnson's deal, it is almost a surefire No Deal at the end of 2020 as a deal in less than a year is nearly functionally impossible and Johnson has ruled out (I know I know) any extension to the transition.

People will feel the pain when we lose 7% of our GDP.

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

With Johnson's deal, it is almost a surefire No Deal at the end of 2020 as a deal in less than a year is nearly functionally impossible and Johnson has ruled out (I know I know) any extension to the transition.

Year 2528.

The EU council in Brussels is getting ready to welcome the UK Prime Minister for the ancient annual tradition of extending the Article 50.

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think your source is misleading here    ....  we won't lose 7% of our GDP , there are some estimates that it would grow 7% less than if we stayed ...  i.e that could mean that the UK economy still grows, but more slowly than if we remained in the EU

• Like 1