Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

Many positives. We need to stay behalf of the players. Made two mistakes and paid a heavy price for each. Ref (is it Atkinson?) is a **** joke which isn't helping. Terrible mistakes from Heaton and Luoz, but other than that weve looked good. We can still get something here, and if we don't we need to stay behind the team.

• Like 2

Just now, Ponky said:

Not sure how Billings is still on the pitch

I am, because the referee and VAR are both fuching blind or just corrupt. No way he avoids a yellow for that challenge on Grealish immediately after being booked. The ref actually checked with VAR. Then, he makes another foul. He won't start the second half because Howe will know he's walking a tightrope. 

• Like 2

Positives:-

McGinn looks a goal threat.

Douglas Luiz does look a player despite the mistake. He'll need time though.

Taylor holding his own again to be fair, even going forward.

Negatives:-

Grealish is pretty anonymous.

Wesley doesn't look much of a goal threat, which was a worry before the season started.

The individual mistakes are going to kill us this season, when we ask where are the goals going to come from?

Trezeguet really had to score before half time.

The Referee is a clown.

McGinn looks like the only player who is going to score regular goals at the moment.

I expected to lose today, but its been super frustrating, due to bad luck and that the scoreline at present was avoidable.

Just now, blunther said:

Many positives. We need to stay behalf of the players. Made two mistakes and paid a heavy price for each. Ref (is it Atkinson?) is a **** joke which isn't helping. Terrible mistakes from Heaton and Luoz, but other than that weve looked good. We can still get something here, and if we don't we need to stay behind the team.

If Trez(?) scores that just before half time I'd fancy us to win but it'll be mighty uphill from here.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Are we as awful as the scoreline suggests? 

No. It's probably the most misleading 2-0 you'll see. We've not been good by any means but the scoreline is down to Heaton having a brainfart at the start of the match and Luiz making an error that lead to a shot that took an obscene deflection and came off the post to go in.

We took 20 minutes to get going and we still look a bit toothless going forward, but we're getting better. McGinn is the best player in the pitch and Bournemouth should be down to 10 after Billing has committed about 40 yellow card offences.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don’t deserve to be losing. Not much luck so far. Jack needs to step up. McGinn looking most likely. I think if we can get Weasley and Trez into the game more we may have some joy. 

Jota on for El Ghazi for me, for no other reason but to shake it up and try and play some nice triangles.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

No. It's probably the most misleading 2-0 you'll see. We've not been good by any means but the scoreline is down to Heaton having a brainfart at the start of the match and Luiz making an error that lead to a shot that took an obscene deflection and came off the post to go in.

We took 20 minutes to get going and we still look a bit toothless going forward, but we're getting better. McGinn is the best player in the pitch and Bournemouth should be down to 10 after Billing has committed about 40 yellow card offences.

Spot on.

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Heaton had a brain fart for the first and then Mings, for the second time in a week, turned his back on a shot and deflects it in. That's the problem. 

In other news, Douglas has had a disastrous first half hour of his Villa career and then started to look like he can play. But, should he play in front of the back four? Nakamba for that position next game, for me. 

Going forward, our best player has been McGinn. Trezeguet next. 

Ref is an absolute cock head for not sending Billing off. 

Im not really sure what you expected him to do with either of the two that deflected off him at 100mph?

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

In a nutshell. Perfect 👌

Good thing is Bournmouth are now making real bad mistakes, we now need to capitalise. 

Come on Wes I believe you can assist a few or score a couple.

• Like 1