Match Thread: Villa v Bournemouth

limpid

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

All the pundits are going to have a field day with us now.

Slamming us as Fulham 2.0

We are doing our best to impersonate them. Fulham made mistakes left right and centre last year. We are doing the same thing

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Considering they are playing 4-4-2 we look a man short in midfield

We look overrun because we’ve 5 guys attacking.

Id take one of the wingers off and put CH in alongside Luiz (who looks very composed but slightly off pace, and swamped).

We look good going forward but against a well drilled opposition we need more sharpness and/ or another body to give us a base.

Just now, terrytini said:

We look overrun because we’ve 5 guys attacking.

Id take one of the wingers off and put CH in alongside Luiz (who looks very composed but slightly off pace, and swamped).

We look good going forward but against a well drilled opposition we need more sharpness and/ or another body to give us a base.

I don't think McGinn and Grealish is a great pairing in the middle in this league.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Just these last two matches you can see what a step up this league is:

- much faster, we seem to dawdle on the ball by comparison

- mistakes punished by goals

- you don’t get any luck

I agree when we're passing the ball we are slow between passes to much, we are not fast, quick enough, moving on into the next space fast enough to receive the ball, it has to be pass, go, pass go real quick, not pass, wait, go, pass, wait, go.

Smith has to find a way to make this crap faster, we need to be like an incredibly fast  pinball machine with as little errors as possible.

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Some of the overreaction in here is ridiculous :lol: 

I think unlike Spuds people are allowed to freak out a bit here even if it is ends up being unjustified. 2-0 12 minutes into Bournemouth at home isn’t ideal.