Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

As well as Jill Scott and Hannah Hampton being in the senior England squad, Anna Patten and Mayumi Pacheco are with the U23s, and Freya Gregory, Olivia McLoughlin, and Laura Blindkilde Brown are with the England Women development phase squad.

On 02/02/2022 at 17:25, useless said:

Not sure what's going on with the U21s of late, they lost 5-0 away to Man Utd again today, this time in the league, that's three defeats from the last four games, to put it into context before that poor run, they were top of the table having won eight and drawn one of their nine league games this season, and were and still are the only team to beat Everton.

Back to winning ways for the U21s, beat West Ham 7-0 at Bodymoor Heath today

In other news Freya Gregory on loan from us at Leiceter scored her first goal for them today in their 3-0 win over West Ham.

Looking bad for small heath now seven points from safety and the team in eleventh place Everton have two games in hand, would take a miracle for them to survive now.

We could probably not win another game all season and still stay up, although hopefull we can push on and try and finish as close as possible to midtable, Ward said we want to sign some 'big players' in the summer, so a strong finish should help with that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lost 1-0 at home to Everton.

Has to be one of the most frustrating games I've watched, we were comfortably the better team especially in the first half but our attacks keep breaking down at the crucial moments, if we had a bit more composure in and around the penalty area could have should have scored three or four. Was frustrating enough when the game was goaless but then to go an lose at the end made it worse.

Have seen a few people suggest that Walsall's pitch isn't helping us, didn't think much of it, but Carla Ward in the press conference for today's game was saying that we've got the fourth best away record in the league and one of worst home records, so maybe there's something to it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, useless said:

Lost 1-0 at home to Everton.

Has to be one of the most frustrating games I've watched, we were comfortably the better team especially in the first half but our attacks keep breaking down at the crucial moments, if we had a bit more composure in and around the penalty area could have should have scored three or four. Was frustrating enough when the game was goaless but then to go an lose at the end made it worse.

Have seen a few people suggest that Walsall's pitch isn't helping us, didn't think much of it, but Carla Ward in the press conference for today's game was saying that we've got the fourth best away record in the league and one of worst home records, so maybe there's something to it.

Not only that, but a 90% empty Banks’s Stadium just looks like a bleak and soulless place to play football, as opposed to a compact Boldmere St Michaels (is it my eyes or are the floodlights at Walsall powered by a couple of 40 watt bulbs?). The capacity at Boldmere was just right at 2,500 (average WSL attendance is 2,300, though Villa don’t get close to that). Should have stayed close to Villa Park, grown support in the local area, kept a bit of match day atmosphere, invested in the ground, added a 4G pitch for the community to use and guarantee a decent playing surface... Loads of things, in fact, other than move 10 miles away and play on a crap pitch in front of a sea of empty seats. It’s a two-year deal apparently, but I wouldn’t be in a rush to extend it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Not only that, but a 90% empty Banks’s Stadium just looks like a bleak and soulless place to play football, as opposed to a compact Boldmere St Michaels (is it my eyes or are the floodlights at Walsall powered by a couple of 40 watt bulbs?). The capacity at Boldmere was just right at 2,500 (average WSL attendance is 2,300, though Villa don’t get close to that). Should have stayed close to Villa Park, grown support in the local area, kept a bit of match day atmosphere, invested in the ground, added a 4G pitch for the community to use and guarantee a decent playing surface... Loads of things, in fact, other than move 10 miles away and play on a crap pitch in front of a sea of empty seats. It’s a two-year deal apparently, but I wouldn’t be in a rush to extend it. 

Should have stayed at Coles Lane. It's near where I live.

Lost 1-0 at home to Brighton, to highlight how bad the home form has been we beat Leicester at home on the first day of the season but have lost every home game since then in all competitions.  Current form doesn't make for good reading, we've just played Everton twice, West Ham and Brighton, so teams we should be competitive against, was meant to be our chance to put a run of for together, so to win just one of those and lose the other three is disappointing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Lost 1-0 at home to Brighton, to highlight how bad the home form has been we beat Leicester at home on the first day of the season but have lost every home game since then in all competitions.  Current form doesn't make for good reading, we've just played Everton twice, West Ham and Brighton, so teams we should be competitive against, was meant to be our chance to put a run of for together, so to win just one of those and lose the other three is disappointing.

Aston Villa Men cause me enough grief already, I'm not sure I'm ready to open my heart to the disappointment that actively following Aston Villa Women will cause

Unforunatley results likely to get worse for the next month or so, last four games were meant to be our chance to put a few results together and maybe climb into midtable, we didn't really take that chance, now there's only six games left this season, four of those are against Chelsea, Spurs, Man Utd, and Arsenal, the other two are Reading and small heath.

We beat last years points total with ten games to spare, but looking at the remaining fixtures come the end of the season we might not end up beating it by many points, lets hope we can get a few surprise results during the difficult run, would be a shame to finish with just a few more points than last season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

Sounds eerily familiar. 

Â