Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

56 minutes ago, dubliner said:

He's had a bad few weeks and had a very bad game tonight.

That's all there is to it.

He'll come back to form and will hopefully be hell bent on rectifying the situation in the second leg.

I hope so. For months under Emery he had a 'hell bent' attitude generally. He'd added tenacity to his obvious technical skills. He hasn't shown that tenacious side for a while now though IMO.

• Like 2

I get the "he misses Kamara", but Kamara being on the field doesn't prevent him from jumping with his arm stretched out or messing around with the ball and losing it like he did against Chelsea (despite it being a poor pass to him from Digne) and especially putting his face into other players' faces (it's happening very often now).

He is a great player but he really needs to step his game up.

I won't give him crap for the penalties, he never missed one for us before, pressure was high, and McGinn and Diaby f**** around at the edge of the box delaying the kick did him no favours at all.

Just a dip in form lads. The thing about most of this squad is that they have played very few high leverage matches, relegation dogfights aside. 

Luiz will be fine but these are high pressure and there’s still a shakiness in their confidence. It will come back. 

He is off form ,it happens.Unfortuantly due to lack of options we can't drop him and ease him back in.He is having to play his way back into form.

I think for the CMs at this stage you either go with Luiz and someone like Tim, or go Tielemans and McGinn, who clearly manage to make it work.

Luiz and McGinn just don't really complement eachother.

"He doesnt have Kamara next to him" is the biggest cop out I've ever heard. He's in dogshit form and its on him. If he's tired then he should be dropped/rested.

• Like 3

As another poster suggested.

I think we should put Tim in as DM and push Doug back to where he is better.

We may be sacrificing something , but stand to gain much more with him more advanced.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

"He doesnt have Kamara next to him" is the biggest cop out I've ever heard. He's in dogshit form and its on him. If he's tired then he should be dropped/rested.

That's fine and replace him with who exactly?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Prey who with exactly? We only got Tim who is very inexperienced and that is about it.

I know Dendocker wasn't great and was on a big wedge but in hindsight could we have just kept in him the squad until the summer?  Hindsight is a wonderful thing though.

22 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Kick a man when he's down. Way go Villa fans.

Its the Villa way. Quick to forget what he's done this season overall.

A few proper rocket polishers in the fanbase tbh

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Poor form for at least a few months.

Poor discipline to get yellow in last minute before deadline passes and get two match suspension.

We then play well without him.

Come back in and plays badly vs Chelsea.

Tonight's game he misplaces most passes, doesn't make runs, gives away a penalty and misses one.

Yeah... at this stage he is the obvious candidate to be sold. He has always thought he's way better than he is and he's fully back at the standard that meant Man City had no interest in activating the buy back clause.

If we had bodies, I'd be dropping him before anyone else on the team.

What was with the attempted karate chop in the 2nd half? Was closing someone down in their left back area and appeared to attempt to "haaai-yaah" him in the back of the head 😂

Would have been subbed after an hour (and he'd have been lucky to get those 15 minutes 2nd half) if we had available players.

Absolutely stunk for weeks and months.

We lose at Arsenal if he plays, we lose at home to Bournemouth if he plays.

Remarkably the two weeks off have made him worse.

Has to sit out. For Tim, for Diaby, whoever.

Head totally gone and can't be trusted at the moment.

Hope he's alright.

• Like 1

Yeah, definitely something up with him off the pitch that’s impacting him badly. You can be off form but a player of his quality can’t be this bad for so long. 

Hopefully a game on the bench will help him reset and clear his head. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The penalty cost us the match. Worst time to do it and totally unnecessary. We had started the half with real fight. Terrible penalty also. No excuses tonight for him. 

Let's put this to bed. McGinn did the 'pick the ball up, let the opposition get in his face and put him' trick that we're all used to, worked a treat. Dougie then took the ball, with a little bit of shit from their players still, but not like McGinn had, still fine. Then as Dougie is stood their waiting to take it, Diaby gets involved in a minute long tussle with their defender and the ref about where he's allowed to stand on the edge of the box. Diaby, who's probably one of the quickest on the pitch, getting into a push and shove about standing on the corner of the D in the penalty box. The pen was 2 inches away from being a great penalty, Dougie had another minute of standing around to take it because of our own player being a bit of a fanny. 

The rest of his game, dogshit, no argument. But I think you gotta be fair on the penalty tonight.

Â