Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Last night I said he came close to scoring 2 goals, but he also had that chance towards the end of the game when he was right near the post and side footed the ball but Ederson saved it. He just didn't have enough purchase on it, but on another day, that would be a goal, and his other two shots would have been too. Like some City fan on Blue Moon said, we could've scored 7 or 8 on the night.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Last night I said he came close to scoring 2 goals, but he also had that chance towards the end of the game when he was right near the post and side footed the ball but Ederson saved it. He just didn't have enough purchase on it, but on another day, that would be a goal, and his other two shots would have been too. Like some City fan on Blue Moon said, we could've scored 7 or 8 on the night.

Also, I didn't notice at the time, but regarding Pau's chance. If Pau leaves that pass, Digne is accelerating through very close to goal in an even more dangerous area. Have to see it again but I think McGinn may have actually meant it for Digne.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I'd almost argue the opposite.  Less purchase on the ball / a poorer contact - probably means that Ederson dives over the top of the ball or even dives past it.  It was almost one where you want a really poor touch (as long as it is at least in the direction of the goal).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Our most important player....

I got laughed at last time but he's more important to us now than Jack ever was.

Not sure this is true. Dougie is brilliant but we have a brilliant team that plays as a team, whereas Jack carried the side. 

8 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Not sure this is true. Dougie is brilliant but we have a brilliant team that plays as a team, whereas Jack carried the side. 

Jack carried us in the championship, not so much the prem.

Also I feel you underestimate DLs influence, we are a different side when he's not on the pitch.

Â