Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Arsenal links won’t go away. It’s on the sky transfer thingy in the app. 

The links don’t really mean anything. If we don’t want to sell, we won’t. We rejected several deadline day offers when we could have lost him for nothing a few months later. The summer might be different if he doesn’t sign a new long term contract, but I’d say there is 0% chance we sell him in January when we have a shot at top 4/5. 

• Like 1

As we continue to show our class, media outlets will link our players with moves away. Par for the course. What's clear this time around is that we are building something. So, we've got owners who will give Dougie bumper wages and a manager who has helped him improve and will continue to do so. 

I would normally say that every player has a price and I'm confident of the club's ability to replace him (I fully trust the ownership and staff). However, I'm a bit sensitive over Dougie because we've struggled for years to get that position right. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Particularly impressive considering the two players that are above him are only narrowly so, and goal contributions are the big part of their game whereas Luiz offers us so much more.

And they play more advanced than him

Bring on the Arsenal links. If they want him min January it'll cost them about 80m.

Either they'll be disappointed or we'll get a fortune for him. And I trust Emery and co to use it wisely

4 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Arsenal links won’t go away. It’s on the sky transfer thingy in the app. 

There's every chance we will be above Arsenal when that window opens. 

Are we selling him to a bonafide direct rival, no. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Emery has already  said he's an important player for us and wants him to stay in the post match presser. 

DL ain't going anywhere. This isn't Randy Lerner's or DE's Villa. 

If anyone wants to put a bid in please do. And then we immediately reject it and put a bid in for that teams best player. 

• Haha 1

Whatever the agenda behind the rumours, there won’t be any negotiation to sell our most important player in January. There are 2 scenarios if somebody comes in with an offer:

1. We say “no” and that’s the end of it until summer.
  2. A club offers money that matches a release clause that nobody knows about in Luiz’s contract. There is currently no evidence or credible rumours of a clause, so this is very unlikely.

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Think we could cope, especially with the form Tielemans is in. If any game we needed to do that it would be the Bournemouth one. 

Awful take, we r more likely to get points against Bournemouth than Man City … we are not good enough to pick and choose when to have players available. Hopefully Dougie doesn’t pick up a yellow v City. But I’d like to get 3 points first v Bournemouth then worry about city.  

Obviously the answer is neither, but if he HAD to miss one of either Citeh or Arsenal through suspension, which are you choosing? 

Famous last words, but he hasn’t been booked since the 7th minute of the Brighton game. So that’s nearly 7 full games without a caution or any of his 3 European appearances since that booking. Hopefully he can replicate that again until the cut off point.

• Like 3

Talkshite now mentioning Man City are now after him. Funny how this nonsense comes out with both City and Arsenal coming up lol! 

Seems we are becoming a real threat to the status quo of the so called big boys.

I'd drop a bid in for Saka tomorrow and Alvarez the day after.  Bitches. 

• Like 1

if Oil City or Arteta's Tits want him, he's worth more than Ceicedo or Fernandez.

Clearly though, Chelsea massively overpaid for both of them, so tbh they arent worth their own value.

anyways, Luiz is worth a lot, maybe he has a Grealish clause (maybe not 100m, but whatever).

49 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Obviously the answer is neither, but if he HAD to miss one of either Citeh or Arsenal through suspension, which are you choosing? 

Famous last words, but he hasn’t been booked since the 7th minute of the Brighton game. So that’s nearly 7 full games without a caution or any of his 3 European appearances since that booking. Hopefully he can replicate that again until the cut off point.

He went 17 games in a row without getting booked last season. 9 the season before, 8 before that. 12 in his first season with us. He's never been suspended because of yellow cards. He will probably pick up a booking before it clears but he can definitely play without picking up cards. 

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

if Oil City or Arteta's Tits want him, he's worth more than Ceicedo or Fernandez.

Clearly though, Chelsea massively overpaid for both of them, so tbh they arent worth their own value.

anyways, Luiz is worth a lot, maybe he has a Grealish clause (maybe not 100m, but whatever).

He's better than declan rice so I'd be quoting 150 at them. 

1 hour ago, Mark_1989 said:

Awful take, we r more likely to get points against Bournemouth than Man City … we are not good enough to pick and choose when to have players available. Hopefully Dougie doesn’t pick up a yellow v City. But I’d like to get 3 points first v Bournemouth then worry about city.  

I think we are good enough to beat Bournemouth without Luiz. But without him I think we get 0 points Vs City or Arsenal. Obviously I'd want him to play all games but if I had to pick one for him to miss it'd be Bournemouth no question.

• Like 1

If our players are performing well and we're flying, they will be linked with moves away. Whether that's in the PL or with the likes of Barca/Madrid. Whinging about it won't achieve anything, it's going to happen.

Positive side is that we're currently on an upwards trajectory and in a great place to hold onto players right now.

Â