Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

The way he plays his role is simple world class calm, smooth, everything just so clean and tidy he's got to be in the argument for top 5 PL midfielders now. He throws in a meg or two, scoops the ball over players instead of laying it off, drops feints like a boxer. He seldom loses possession, recycles everything like he's just cleaning the garbage. His passing range and vision and awareness is just wonderful to watch. He's absolutely majestic on the ball. 

We've had some wonderful midfielders over the years and Dougie certainly falls into that category. I'm starting to struggle to think of a more well rounded CM we've had in the last few decades. 

It's like listening  to Marvin Gaye watching DL play he's Mr Smooth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

I'm still scared that there's some form of release clause in his contract. He must really love it here if he signed a new contract at that time without one. 

You and me both. Tbf I'm a little scared generally - he could attract a huge fee anyway now. Let's hope we keep progressing and he gets in that Brazil side ASAP.

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

You and me both. Tbf I'm a little scared generally - he could attract a huge fee anyway now. Let's hope we keep progressing and he gets in that Brazil side ASAP.

Same. He is easily my favourite player.

Dougie is now becoming as important a player to us as Scholes was to Manure later in his career. He is the fulcrum. He is the one that slows down play and also speeds it up. The one to first break the lines. The first to switch play from side to side. The clever little one twos to get out of trouble. 

• Like 1

Â