Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, striker said:

I can assure you I’m not posting to get attention. It’s my honest opinion on both players.

I’ve watched Luiz in every live game on Sky. For the life of me I cannot see what all the buzz is about. 

Yes he’s a very tidy player but for me Prowse affects the game more.

I suggest you go and have a rewatch, then come back and edit your post 

• Haha 1

The argument for JWP v Dougie falls over when you look at their valuations. JWP gets sold for 30m, 30m doesn't even get you Dougie's left foot. Plus DL has 4 years on JWP, is far more mobile, better technique, awareness, vision, skill, range of passing and is far more suited to our style of play. 

The proof is in the pudding anyway. If us or any of the top clubs thought it would have been 30m well spent on JWP, he wouldn't have gone to WH. Good player but not DL level, not in a million years. There is a very good reason DL is linked to the likes of Liverplop, Arsenal etc, and why JWP stayed at Southampton so long.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

I can assure you I’m not posting to get attention. It’s my honest opinion on both players.

I’ve watched Luiz in every live game on Sky. For the life of me I cannot see what all the buzz is about. 

Yes he’s a very tidy player but for me Prowse affects the game more.

Luiz had more assists last season,  only 1 less goal when you ignore penalties (Luiz doesn't take, Ward-Prowse does), more goal creating actions per 90, equal shot creating actions per 90 from live ball situations, better pass completion, better defensive stats. But yeah, Ward-Prowse affects the game more.

The only area Ward-Prowse betters him is shot and goal creating from set pieces, where he is top level to be fair. Perfect for a Moyes team. 

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

The argument for JWP v Dougie falls over when you look at their valuations. JWP gets sold for 30m, 30m doesn't even get you Dougie's left foot. Plus DL has 4 years on JWP, is far more mobile, better technique, awareness, vision, skill, range of passing and is far more suited to our style of play. 

The proof is in the pudding anyway. If us or any of the top clubs thought it would have been 30m well spent on JWP, he wouldn't have gone to WH. Good player but not DL level, not in a million years. There is a very good reason DL is linked to the likes of Liverplop, Arsenal etc, and why JWP stayed at Southampton so long.  

To be fair they wanted a lot more for him when he was the Premier League.  I think we were even prepared to pay large sums for him. 

We all know Dougie is the better player but I think JWP will be a big player for West Ham this season. Just seems to fit. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair they wanted a lot more for him when he was the Premier League.  I think we were even prepared to pay large sums for him. 

We all know Dougie is the better player but I think JWP will be a big player for West Ham this season. Just seems to fit. 

What you want and what a player is worth are 2 different things though. Which is precisely the reason why nobody came in for him and paid their valuation. 

I think JWP fits perfectly for WH as you say but if he was as influential or as good as proclaimed, his fee even 2 years ago would've been affordable and he'd have been picked up by the clubs competing in Europe. Not languishing in a Southampton side on the slide to the Championship. Even this summer at 30m he would've had better suiters than WH.

He'll do well at WH but as for an upgrade on DL..... that's just absolute nonsense. 

1 minute ago, abdulaziz1 said:

What’s happening with links with him to Liverpool? Any mention of a release clause? Or nothing to worry about?

I do worry he has a release clause in that new deal he seemed to sign out of the blue.

If he doesn't, we're fine.

Klopp has taken control of the transfers at Liverpool and that's why they're having a shocker recently. You can't be a good first team manager in 2023 and be across all transfers, there's too much to do.

Liverpool bid £110m for Caicedo. So guess what the price for Doug is? £110m.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My worry with liverpool speculating around the 40m mark is it's so far off the value.... I really hope we didn't stick in a release clause around this price when he signed the new contract. That contract came out of now where and it was pre Unai. Pure speculation be user in bored.

10 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

My worry with liverpool speculating around the 40m mark is it's so far off the value.... I really hope we didn't stick in a release clause around this price when he signed the new contract. That contract came out of now where and it was pre Unai. Pure speculation be user in bored.

If it's £40m someone would have done it already I think.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

What’s happening with links with him to Liverpool? Any mention of a release clause? Or nothing to worry about?

It’s empty speculation. They can't afford him regardless. No talk of release clause. 

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

No way city are bidding 80 mil for paqueta if they can get Luiz for 40 million. 

I'm pretty confident Luiz doesn't have a buy out clause for under 100 million. 

Unless it’s actually Paqueta they want to sign. 

Where’s all this 40m clause talk come from anyway?

Â