Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

MVP just stands for most valuable player. I couldn’t be bothered typing it out. 

Yes I know but it’s used in American sports to describe man of the match or player of the season . In terms of our most valuable asset I suppose he’s in the mix along with Ollie, Kamara, Martinez and Ramsey.

33 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's definitely TBBWEHAFBWM

The Best Brazilian Weetabix Eater Having Also Fondled Beautiful Women Monthly?

Seems a bit too niche as an award, to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The Best Brazilian Weetabix Eater Having Also Fondled Beautiful Women Monthly?

Seems a bit too niche as an award, to be honest.

The Best Brazilian We've Ever Had Apart From Big Wesley Moraes

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Imagine if we’d have sold him to Arsenal for £30m. He’s worth double now .

I certain Villa podcaster said we should have taken the £25 million as that was the most we would ever get for him. 

• Shocked 2

He's ill according to his instagram apparently.

He showed up for the end of season awards but i haven't seen him any of the recent training pics on the villa site.

Hope he's fit for the weekend because he will be a massive loss if he doesn't play.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Sad 2

54 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He's ill according to his instagram apparently.

He showed up for the end of season awards but i haven't seen him any of the recent training pics on the villa site.

Hope he's fit for the weekend because he will be a massive loss if he doesn't play.

That Instagram post was a couple days before the awards I think, so hopefully it was just a little cold and he can shake it off.

I can't see him wanting to miss final game even if not 100 percent.

We shall see.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allani said:

I hate to be that person but MVP isn't an acronym - it is an initialism.  GOAT on the other hand is an acronym.  The difference being that an acronym is a pronounced as a word (it doesn't have to be an actual word but you say it as if is - i.e. NATO) whereas an initialism is said by spelling out the letters.  I am the boring kind of person who once wrote into the BBC complaining that they used BBC as an example of an acronym when it most definitely isn't.

I came to VT for the football talk, but I stay for the grammar talk.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, allani said:

I hate to be that person but MVP isn't an acronym - it is an initialism.  GOAT on the other hand is an acronym.  The difference being that an acronym is a pronounced as a word (it doesn't have to be an actual word but you say it as if is - i.e. NATO) whereas an initialism is said by spelling out the letters.  I am the boring kind of person who once wrote into the BBC complaining that they used BBC as an example of an acronym when it most definitely isn't.

I pronounce it “muh-vup”, like a word.

SO THERE. 

• Haha 2

Â