Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

27 minutes ago, Indigo said:

+ performances against Man City etc. The salient point isn't that he's widely being called "great" either, just that he deserves his place in the side rather than both Ramsey and McGinn starting in midfield which is evidently not working.

Funny isn't it, this clip? 

Liverpool got into gear in the second but we gave it a good go in the first half. Back four was the same, but the midfield was Nakamba/Luiz/McGinn and you can see how they complemented each other here. A sitter, a shuffler, and a forward midfielder. It was staring at Gerrad right in the face! And then we had to go off into JJ-McGinn world. Two players who deserve better than to start together (for most matches).

Now the second half had some baffling subs - but par for the course there.

Edited by DJBOB

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Really shameful how Gerrards treated him and how lackadaisical we were in getting a new contract for him. I’m actually quite pissed about it. 

He was actively running down his contract. You can be sure we offered him a new one 12 months ago but he wouldn't sign it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Funny isn't it, this clip? 

Liverpool got into gear in the second but we gave it a good go in the first half. Back four was the same, but the midfield was Nakamba/Luiz/McGinn and you can see how they complemented each other here. A sitter, a shuffler, and a forward midfielder. It was staring at Gerrad right in the face! And then we had to go off into JJ-McGinn world. Two players who deserve better than to start together (for most matches).

Now the second half had some baffling subs - but par for the course there.

It wasn't that they got into gear in second half. It's that Luiz was no longer man marking Salah as Nakamba went off and mcginn did instead. Instantly lost Salah and left mings isolated vs Salah in the box. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I was thinking that but wouldn’t we have heard by now if he rejected a contract extension?

Nope. It's not the type of thing you broadcast publicly and I'm sure Luis didn't flat out refuse one, probably wanted to keep us as plan B.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I see Sky Sports have decided to make Luiz this year's Jack Grealish. Desperate for him to move to Arsenal and reporting some absolute crap again. 

And yet, like with Grealish, the reporting may well prove true in the end

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It wasn't that they got into gear in second half. It's that Luiz was no longer man marking Salah as Nakamba went off and mcginn did instead. Instantly lost Salah and left mings isolated vs Salah in the box. 

Ah that's right - I was looking at the lineup subs wondering why Nakamba was subbed off (injury I think?) and not a DM subbed on for him

Â