Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 minutes ago, WHY said:

He’s started the last 2 games mate, he’s valued at £20m because he’s effectively a free agent in Jan. 

And starting the last 2 games indicate he's rated? One was a cup game against lower league opposition. The other he got subbed off quite early in the game, when the change wasn't warranted.

Yes, his value is due to his very short contract. His lack of a new contract is largely down to Gerrard's refusal to play him.

Not sure what you're trying to defend here?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

And starting the last 2 games indicate he's rated? One was a cup game against lower league opposition. The other he got subbed off quite early in the game, when the change wasn't warranted.

Yes, his value is due to his very short contract. His lack of a new contract is largely down to Gerrard's refusal to play him.

Not sure what you're trying to defend here?

Every man and his dog wanted to see Luiz and kamara together, we did for 60 minutes on Saturday and Gerrard thought it was a good idea to take him off. Can’t be mad at him if he’s had enough. Same goes for Buendia and bailey 

• Like 1

Just now, Raymond said:

I am not a football coach or even very smart, but if some of the best teams in Europe want your player, it probably make sense to feature him. 

He'd rather give minutes to Kilmarnock's number one target McGinn.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Atletico Madrid I can see. Liverpool I don't buy for a second.

Apparently they really want a midfielder.

However I agree, I reckon this is his agent drumming up interest.

He looked mighty pissed off the other night and rightly so.

Unless we have a serious talent coming in, it would be ridiculous to sell him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Atletico Madrid I can see. Liverpool I don't buy for a second.

I do - Liverpool have been pursuing a midfielder for awhile now. They have a handful of Brazilians and Portugese speaking players as well. 

Milner - old

Henderson- getting on/older

Keita - injured

Ox- injured

No other senior midfielders really for them? They're kinda f*cked if Fabinho gets injured. 

• Like 1

Just now, trillvillan said:

I do - Liverpool have been pursuing a midfielder for awhile now. They have a handful of Brazilians and Portugese speaking players as well. 

Milner - old

Keita - injured

Ox- injured

No other senior midfielders really for them? They're kinda f*cked if Fabinho gets injured. 

Thiago is old and injury prone too

Just now, Zatman said:

Thiago is old and injury prone too

Totally forgot about him. 

Yup - super injury prone. 

But I could for sure see Luiz wanting to play with Fabinho, Thiago, Carvalho, Firmino, Alisson, Jota. Obviously his countrymen would be a pull. 

32 minutes ago, trillvillan said:

Milner - old

Keita - injured

Ox- injured

I get all that, but Dougie doesn't make sense to me for how they play. I would think Tielemans makes a lot more sense as a Milner replacement.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Apparently they really want a midfielder.

However I agree, I reckon this is his agent drumming up interest.

He looked mighty pissed off the other night and rightly so.

Unless we have a serious talent coming in, it would be ridiculous to sell him.

If he goes without an excellent replacement we truly are screwed. For what it's worth I think he would shine with a top six side 🤦 

Why do I get the feeling that this will end up like Lucas Digne at Everton? Sell the player, fire the manager not long afterwards, then realize that the new manager could have used the player...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Â