Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 30/07/2022 at 13:21, a m ole said:

It’s literally just easier to say 6 8 10 instead of defensive midfielder, box to box midfielder, attacking midfielder.

problem is folk still have their own interpretations of what they all do, and what attributes are required to be a good one.

11 hours ago, LondonLax said:

We’ll I don’t see why we would. If he runs down his contract we never have to pay City anyway. No point giving City a bunch of money now, might be that we never need to give them anything. 

except a bunch of flowers for Jacks deal.

Edited by TRO

Only for his brilliant record coming off the bench...I think I'd start Ramsey at the weekend.

There probably are some, but I can't think of any sub appearances from Doug that weren't really really good.

On 03/08/2022 at 17:54, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly, £25m for Luiz and I wouldn’t be too upset. I’d like him to sign a new deal but it’s not like we’re losing a Grealish, Martinez etc. he is replaceable. 

I agree with most on here that he is better as an 8 but I still think he lacks a bit to his game to be a top player and a guaranteed starter here. 

There are better players out there than Luiz and yes, they might cost £40m, but the money we get for him will act as a significant chunk towards a new no.8.

I'd call him a defensive 8, ideally played in a double pivot next to a proper destroyer of a 6.

I also agree with your sentiment on his value.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Preece on the podcast said is an embargo until 10.30 tonight on his contract update

If its a Preece exclusive then it wont be too juicy 😂

I think we did announce a McGinn extension right on the eve of the season in 19/20. 

Probably trying to get a bit of positivity into the ether.

New contract would be great. He's a player we'll have to spend a lot to replace.

Â