Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

according to all media reports i've seen, no time at all because there's not  a contract on the table. pretty sure SG has even been quoted as saying similar

well , its fairly unusual to let it run so close to terminating.......12 months is deemed to be an issue, in football.

• Like 1

Very odd comments from SG - so we are content to let his contract run and risk losing him on a free in Jan?

"He's playing well, he's working hard. We totally respect Douglas's situation, I love him as a player."

"He's been absolutely fine and professional. There's no issues from me. We'll play that one by ear week to week but, yeah, there's nothing really to say because we haven't had an offer and, at the moment, he's got a year left. He's been professional, he's smiling and he's enjoying it and we roll forward."

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Very odd comments from SG - so we are content to let his contract run and risk losing him on a free in Jan?

"He's playing well, he's working hard. We totally respect Douglas's situation, I love him as a player."

"He's been absolutely fine and professional. There's no issues from me. We'll play that one by ear week to week but, yeah, there's nothing really to say because we haven't had an offer and, at the moment, he's got a year left. He's been professional, he's smiling and he's enjoying it and we roll forward."

Yeah, it sounds like we are happy to run down the contract to next summer.

It feels like they think he’s good enough for this season, but they’d like to upgrade him next summer.   We probably can’t get (or afford) his replacement this summer.

15 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Yep, sounds like he's going to run his contract down.  No fee, but means we get another year from him and will add to squad depth.

Seems to be more common now, players running contracts down.  We can't really complain, as we signed Kamara that way.

15 hours ago, The_Steve said:

well, Thats that then.

“We totally respect his situation” tells me that Doug wants to complete his final year as he’s happy here but wants the freedom to choose his next move after. However if somebody did come in for him now, we’d cash in I’m sure. 

Im pretty much okay with him doing that, he’ll be a useful player and he’s repaid his fee through his performances that helped keep us up. There’s a chance he could stay on after his contract if this season goes well and we actually offer him one, but it doesn’t sound like it.

• Like 1

If he doesn’t want to sign a new contract, I’d be actively trying to sell him. We’re not at the stage yet where we can let players with £25m value leave on a free transfer, especially when he’s mostly been average-decent, and I do appreciate him being played ‘out of position’. We could cash in and get a midfielder that’s probably more suited to the way Gerrard wants to play. 

I’m also happy if he signs a new contract, but letting him run it down whilst still playing him is a big no for me. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

If he doesn’t want to sign a new contract, I’d be actively trying to sell him. We’re not at the stage yet where we can let players with £25m value leave on a free transfer, especially when he’s mostly been average-decent, and I do appreciate him being played ‘out of position’. We could cash in and get a midfielder that’s probably more suited to the way Gerrard wants to play. 

I’m also happy if he signs a new contract, but letting him run it down whilst still playing him is a big no for me. 

It doesnt sound like a contract is on the table

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

The Lehmann contract pretty much confirms that he won't be going this summer.

Not much good for us that is it?

I'd much rather we got £15m than nothing.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Hate to be " that guy " again.... But these lines suggest to me also that, the other kid and his camp, haven't necessarily been THIS.

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I suspect he wants to leave on a free to get a nice chunk of cash thrown at him by his next club. Surprised more players don't do that really. 

Will be the way forward especially the deal Mbappe got. OK nobody else will probably get that offer but the agents will know how much they pocketed compared to splitting with the clubs

the whole Doug situation is far to comfortable… the club seems content and he seems content..

so either there’s a gentleman’s agreement, that he’s free to leave this summer and if not, he signs a new deal.. he already has a new deal, but not announced, or villa are chill with him running his contract out, for what ever reason 

Â