Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Will be a shame if he goes and think he’s quite underrated by some on here.  However, he’s certainly not irreplaceable, so be interesting to see what the club do next. 

Yeah, I think he'll flourish under Mourinho...  Roma has been a very interesting project for the Special One so far.  It's the first job he's ever had where he has been given a lot of time to build "his team" from the ground up.  Dougie will boss the midfield there and the same folks moaning about how shit of a DM he is now will complain about how little of a fee we got for him when he turns into a superstar within a few seasons.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I dont think all of the comments are joking :P 

I certainly wasn't - maybe I caused confusion with 'Roma offering us Mancini'......what I meant to say was that we should perhaps ask for Mancini, plus or minus whatever the cash adjustment might be ?

14 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

18 Mill +10-15% sell on clause is fair. 

This would be something we would accept I think.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being even less with a bigger % of add-ons.

I would expect Doug plans to take a 4 year deal then leave on a free again to secure himself another nice signing on fee.

Was hoping with a proper number 6 next to him he’d show what he is all about in the more advance role, just have to see his goals a few seasons back from outside the box to know he’s got that in his locker, but stuck with bloody McGinn who just doesn’t suit possession based football, if gerrard is going to play this

• Like 1

Coming around to thinking his game may be better suited to Italy where it’s tends to be played at a slower pace. He’s underrated for sure by some and I’ll miss him but we will move pretty quickly … 

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

If that's true I wonder would they be interested in a swap deal for Tammy?

don't see how Tammy fits in to our squad if we already got Ings & Watkins

Dougie is clearly a talented lad but I don't see where he fits in if McGinn remains one of Gerrard's favs

• Like 1

It seems we are prepared to sell if the price is right or with a sell on clause that reflects a lower fee, because Douglas hasn't signed a new contract. The ball is now in Roma's court to make us an acceptable offer. If they don't, we face holding onto him and having him leave for nothing at the end of next season, which won't suit us, and possibly Douglas if he threw a coin in the Trevi Fountain the last time that he was in Rome.  

29 minutes ago, John said:

It seems we are prepared to sell if the price is right or with a sell on clause that reflects a lower fee, because Douglas hasn't signed a new contract. The ball is now in Roma's court to make us an acceptable offer. If they don't, we face holding onto him and having him leave for nothing at the end of next season, which won't suit us, and possibly Douglas if he threw a coin in the Trevi Fountain the last time that he was in Rome.  

Not much we can do unfortunately, we either accept a much lower fee than we would want or lose him for nothing next summer.  Depending on how much Roma offer, if it's too low i'd be inclined to keep him until his contract runs out, would give us good strength and depth in midfield if we sign another #8.

• Like 1

Â