Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Reading some of the reactions to his performance you'd think he scored all 3 of City's goals.

Been out of reactions since yesterday, not sure what the mods are playing at.

But yeah, agreed.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Been out of reactions since yesterday, not sure what the mods are playing at.

But yeah, agreed.

Same here. Booooooo.

Edited by sparrow1988

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

I hope to never see him again... play as a #6 for Villa. He's a baller and a great squad player to have, hope he signs an extension.

Yes, I'd be very happy with Luiz as a bench/rotation option. 

I’ve always liked Dougie and think he’s a talented player but I don’t think he is going to get much better than what we’ve seen. Yes he’s still relatively young but he has a lot of experience in this league now yet is still making the same mistakes with sloppiness and sometimes over eagerness.  He doesn’t really have much power to his games either.

Stays, great. Leaves, not too fussed either.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I do think with kamara in the number 6 and Luiz in the 8 you’ll see a different player, as when he played the 8 he had nakamba in the 6 kamara is twice the player he is, which will absolutely help Luiz, if gerrard is going with possession football with passes in the team McGinn and his Hollywood passes ain’t going to do that

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

I do think with kamara in the number 6 and Luiz in the 8 you’ll see a different player, as when he played the 8 he had nakamba in the 6 kamara is twice the player he is, which will absolutely help Luiz, if gerrard is going with possession football with passes in the team McGinn and his Hollywood passes ain’t going to do that

That's what baffles me about Gerrard. States clearly he wants us to become a possession based side, then plays McGinn every minute. Maybe it's because he felt we wouldn't have enough grit without him, but we'll soon find out now we have Kamara. Having said that though, McGinn still played even when Nakamba was starting.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

That's what baffles me about Gerrard. States clearly he wants us to become a possession based side, then plays McGinn every minute. Maybe it's because he felt we wouldn't have enough grit without him, but we'll soon find out now we have Kamara. Having said that though, McGinn still played even when Nakamba was starting.

In his defence I would say that none of the midfielders on the bench are particularly adept to keeping possession either. Might as well play Mcginn as he brings energy and tenacity at least. 

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

In his defence I would say that none of the midfielders on the bench are particularly adept to keeping possession either. Might as well play Mcginn as he brings energy and tenacity at least. 

Sanson?

7 hours ago, Tom13 said:

The difference is Gerrard wants something but quickly realised we didnt have the players to do what he wants. McGinn is very good for a midtable team who concede posession. Because he will try and create something and he will also put the tackles in and do the dirty side. Make no mistake. Kamara will change the way we play.  We have a defensively minded calm in possession soldier now who we can build from. This one signing will get Coutinho 5 yards further up the field now. 

• Like 1

He has the qualities to be great, he just needs to be used correctly.

Apart from the power/pace, I don't see to much different there from Kamara who we are rightly creaming ourselves over. Most of his issues are tactical I think. Think he'd work really well in a midfield with Kamara and Sanson next season (if we keep him).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Apart from the power/pace, I don't see to much different there from Kamara who we are rightly creaming ourselves over. Most of his issues are tactical I think. Think he'd work really well in a midfield with Kamara and Sanson next season (if we keep him).

That’s some pretty important attributes right there. 

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think they are different, Dougie is better on the ball while Kamara has more defensive to his game. Would compliment each other

Just now, Keyblade said:

Not really. Not everyone needs to be built like a shit brickhouse. It's less important for a #8 too.

You don’t have to be built like a shit brickhouse to have pace and power.  I think Luiz lack of it really impacts his game and that’s coming from a fan.

• Like 1

Assuming Gerrard does want him to sign a new contract, what do we think the issue is?

• wages?
  • guarantee of not being mis-used as a 6 going forward?
  • Asking if he would be in the first 11 going fwd? (as McGinn seems undroppable?, and the other 2 slots are almost certainly kamara & Ramsey)
  • wants to move to a "bigger" club?
  • a bit of everything?

Just now, MaVilla said:

Assuming Gerrard does want him to sign a new contract, what do we think the issue is?

• wages?
  • Asking if he would be in the first 11 going fwd? (as McGinn seems undroppable?, and the other 2 slots are almost certainly kamara & Ramsey)
  • a bit of everything?

Wants to model the new kit. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

• wages?
  • a bit of everything?

Wants to run down the contract to maximise his next payday probably

37 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The difference is Gerrard wants something but quickly realised we didnt have the players to do what he wants. McGinn is very good for a midtable team who concede posession. Because he will try and create something and he will also put the tackles in and do the dirty side. Make no mistake. Kamara will change the way we play.  We have a defensively minded calm in possession soldier now who we can build from. This one signing will get Coutinho 5 yards further up the field now.

I do wonder then if Sanson has been assured more playing time next season?

41 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

im a bit wary right now, i agree Kamara has the ability to be part of a first 11 that is highly competent and composed on the ball, but we still have too many players who cant control the ball for toffee and lack composure, so hopefully a couple more at least will come in who can really add to the composure and on the ball ability, as although i agree Kamara is an important piece of the puzzle, he isnt the answer alone i dont think!

Â