Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

He's obviously a good player, maybe he just won't be a good fit in this new era and it's time for him to move on for the sake of his career. He'll have a very good career though, he's too good not to. 

• Like 2

On 16/04/2022 at 02:14, paul514 said:

I saw a 30 million Arsenal figure mentioned the other day for him. I doubt we will get that for him with only a year left

Gotta get rid this summer if he's not signing, sadly.

On 16/04/2022 at 02:34, skarroki said:

He's obviously a good player, maybe he just won't be a good fit in this new era and it's time for him to move on for the sake of his career. He'll have a very good career though, he's too good not to. 

There's something about this that's SO unbelievably Villa. Obviously a good player, just not with us.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2022 at 02:34, skarroki said:

Couldn't care less if it isn't with Villa.

Edited by Villa_Vids

12 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

If I'm honest, it's not even in the PL I see him.

What top 10 team would he improve substantially?

I can see him thriving in Italy etc though.

*** He'll go to Arsenal and turn into Xavi or Thiago now won't he? Lol

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He has the potential to 

On 20/04/2022 at 22:36, Villa_Vids said:

I don't personally wish ill on him, he seems a good lad I don't think you can accuse him of not caring. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skarroki said:

I don't personally wish ill on him, he seems a good lad I don't think you can accuse him of not caring. 

Same. I just wouldn't care if isn't with Villa. I want him to succeed here, why does he have to move to realise his potential? 

On 22/04/2022 at 09:02, Villa_Vids said:

Same. I just wouldn't care if isn't with Villa. I want him to succeed here, why does he have to move to realise his potential? 

Because we've spent 3 seasons playing him out of position in a league that doesn't traditionally suit his style of play.

I think of him as a poor man's cambiasso if he's sitting in that 6 role, you either build your attacks around his turns and balls out, or you abandon the idea of him fitting that role and play him higher up the pitch.

He's been in the 6 role and never been used as an outlet, he had 2 years of get it to Grealish followed by a brief stint of respite before our current get it to Coutinho. 

I do think with all-energy 8s like McGinn and Ramsey buzzing round in front of him whether he would benefit from only 1 of those playing and a calmer presence in the middle to compliment him and (if I was choosing) Ramsey 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

I do think with all-energy 8s like McGinn and Ramsey buzzing round in front of him whether he would benefit from only 1 of those playing and a calmer presence in the middle to compliment him and (if I was choosing) Ramsey 

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Douglas-Iroegbunam pivot with Ramsey ahead of them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Douglas-Iroegbunam pivot with Ramsey ahead of them?

That is our best three at the moment or Nakamba for Tim when fit if he doesn’t do well.

I don't get all this talk of him not being a six and his natural position being as a eight. He's played most of his career as a six, that's his position, he's barely ever played as a eight, so why so many have decided that he's been playing in the wrong position all this time is beyond me, not sure what the evidence is for it, last transfer window he was linked to Arsenal, Spurs, and Roma, and can pretty much guarantee if he was going to sign for one of those clubs it wouldn't be as a eight, it would be as a six, as they wouldn't be paying big money to then play a player in a position that he's barely ever played in, the reason other clubs like that are interested is because how impressive he's been for us as a 'DM'.

Seeing suggestions that Iroegbunam should start against Norwich, with Luiz playing as a eight, to me it would make more sense to keep Luiz as the six, and play Iroegbunam as the eight, for the U23s he usually plays in a sort of 'double pivot' alongside Lindley who is a similar type of midfielder to Luiz, but has more license to get forward, so at times is almost playing as a eight, basically a more defensively minded box to box midfielder.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

I don't get all this talk of him not being a six and his natural position being as a eight. He's played most of his career as a six, that's his position, he's barely ever played as a eight, so why so many have decided that he's been playing in the wrong position all this time is beyond me, not sure what the evidence is for it, last transfer window he was linked to Arsenal, Spurs, and Roma, and can pretty much guarantee if he was going to sign for one of those clubs it wouldn't be as a eight, it would be as a six, as they wouldn't be paying big money to then play a player in a position that he's barely ever played in, the reason other clubs like that are interested is because how impressive he's been for us as a 'DM'.

Seeing suggestions that Iroegbunam should start against Norwich, with Luiz playing as a eight, to me it would make more sense to keep Luiz as the six, and play Iroegbunam as the eight, for the U23s he usually plays in a sort of 'double pivot' alongside Lindley who is a similar type of midfielder to Luiz, but has more license to get forward, so at times is almost playing as a eight, basically a more defensively minded box to box midfielder.

If Arsenal signed him then he'd play just infront of Partey imo in the double pivot role they have with Xhaka. When he has played as an 8 was for Brazil when he was a regular a year or so ago as Casemiro was the pure DM and he was played just infront.

Can't see Spurs being interested given they signed Bentancur so probably feels like Roma is the best fit. They signed Tammy for 30m + last summer and apparently Mourinho will be backed again this summer so hopefully they don't lowball us with offers all summer as he's still comfortably in the 20m bracket.

• Like 1

We will probably swap Luiz for Abraham and swap Ings for Bissouma. Unless Luiz signs a contract, in which case wouldn't be surprised to see Nakamba leavel, but Nakamba coming good before injury, so might be time for him to become a hero.

On 20/04/2022 at 22:50, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Get rid, no longer want to fatten fowl for mongoose 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â