Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 hours ago, STO said:

Will be interesting to see if Luiz gets back in to the starting 11 today.   He has been as poor as anyone else in the midfield but is all we have at the moment, until Nakamba, who was improving under Steven Gerrards, gets fit. 

Yeah to be honest, as some of the podcasters pointed out. He might not be a great DM, but he damn sure is better than the likes of McGinn in the role 

Having said that, I'd still want to see Chambers in it at least temporarily.

He is good with his feet, has an eye for a forward pass, and obviously can defend!

If Luiz is to be moved forward to what some feel is his preferred position, Luiz has to produce assists and goals for the side.  If he's as good as some on here think he is, then he needs to be better than anyone else in the role.  Is he better than Coutinho or Ramsey, or Buendia, not in my view.  Not quick enough, not a good enough passer to unlock defences, but I would like to see him given a chance in there before being sold. 

Edited by STO
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

First down the tunnel and completely gave up at 3-0 and didn't try and hide it.

Won't be here next season. Not arsed.

Im a fan, but yotally agree, he hasn't got the Pashun or aggression needed to be playing for us next season.

I find it astonishing the number of people on here who think he should be in the first team long term. He’s truly terrible as a number 6. I can’t remember which goal it was but either the 3rd or the 4th is on luiz as he repeatedly rashly tried to close down and left acres of space behind him.

a lot of people seem to think he will be transformative as a number 8 once we get a new DM but where is the evidence for that based on the past 3 seasons . He has simply never consistently performed in that position and is far too slow to do it. We should be dropping him for Nakamba asap and then selling him in the summer 

53 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Honestly I'm fed up of him just flailing a leg and a weak noodle arm when 'attempting' to win the ball back. Brief form post lockdown aside he won't be missed by me. 

Not had a great season by any means but he's still young, good amount of experience already and will do well in a slower paced league imo as countless other former players for us have done. Think he'll have a Veretout type career after leaving us and I rate him more.

Also talk Arsenal like him so may even stay in premier league.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

First down the tunnel and completely gave up at 3-0 and didn't try and hide it.

Won't be here next season. Not arsed.

I wouldn't play for this clown of a manager either 

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I wouldn't play for this clown of a manager either 

Every post in every thread is a dig. 

You’re beginning to sound like a certain Villa lad who may be 21yrs old. 

Playing him closer to the opposition box seems silly. He regularly gives it away and starts opposition counter attacks. 20 yards further back playing in full backs is where he belongs.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Every post in every thread is a dig. 

You’re beginning to sound like a certain Villa lad who may be 21yrs old. 

I am just angry at the management at club at the moment. 

But I havent said Bielsa is the answer yet 😉

• Haha 1

i think a few of them downed tools in the second half yesterday. Luiz was immense first half but Gerrard seems to be failing to get 90 minutes from players. 

Edited by PaulC

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am just angry at the management at club at the moment. 

But I havent said Bielsa is the answer yet 😉

He is available 😂

Some good touches but that's it.

Don't get the hype.

People say he should play further but based on what....I struggle to see this.

Was at fault for the 4th goal....didnt track the runner....came out to son...who konsa already had.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

i think a few of them downed tools in the second half yesterday. Luiz was immense first half but Gerrard seems to be failing to get 90 minutes from players. 

Only performing for 45 minutes has been a common theme, but yesterday it was actually understandable. No team can play with an intense high press a whole game. So a change of tactics in the second half was needed.

12 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

Playing him closer to the opposition box seems silly. He regularly gives it away and starts opposition counter attacks. 20 yards further back playing in full backs is where he belongs.

Gives the ball away the least of all our midfielders and if he was to give the ball away the most why would you want him playing closer to our own goal? Makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

By far our best player today, the only one with any claim to have had a good game. So important to us, although I'm not sure we'll see it properly until he moves on

A good game ? As in 90 minutes? Or just a good half?

Â