Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness mate, this has worked a treat on occasion with Stones at City.

Having said that, I'd rather keep Ezri where he is, and if anything maybe try Lenglet there?

Why? Why don't we just play CMs in midfield? John Stones is a rare case and tbh I think he's pretty overrated in there anyway. Kamara and Luiz dominated him.

Playing CB vs CM is a very different skill set. Just because Pau or Lenglet can play out from the back doesn't mean they'll have the ball manipulation to get out of tight spaces in midfield.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why? Why don't we just play CMs in midfield? John Stones is a rare case and tbh I think he's pretty overrated in there anyway. Kamara and Luiz dominated him.

Playing CB vs CM is a very different skill set. Just because Pau or Lenglet can play out from the back doesn't mean they'll have the ball manipulation to get out of tight spaces in midfield.

I think they both would - but as I have said, we don’t need either of them to do this role.

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Was just about to make a post about how I think he is incredibly underrated by Villa fans and by the wider football community.

I was worried when Mings was injured because I thought his presence was crucial to Ezri but recently he has been outstanding.

Easily our best defender but his forward distribution is not as good as Diego or Torres.He will only be really appreciated when he is not playing.

14 hours ago, WooJung said:

I adore him but he really needs to improve his finishing in the opposition box from set pieces. Too many times he just heads it over the bar, like yesterday early in the first half

If he could add goals to his game, (i.e 3-5 goals a season), he'd be the complete defender. He's already an absolute monster 1v1 and has incredible composure. 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Probs come out with some crap that Konsa plays RB too often so he can't consider him for CB 🙄

Whilst calling up Joe Gomez and praising his flexibility 

All jokes aside it's proper **** criminal if he's not an England player next summer 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

He can still choose to play for Portugal right?

Yeah, hasn't even played a minute for England yet. And even if he had, I think there's more flexibility to switch now, think they can do so even if they have a few caps.

24 minutes ago, sne said:

He can still choose to play for Portugal right?

They've got dias and then ignacio and silva breaking through

No doubt they still call up pepe or carvalho cos Portugal love a bit of dad's army but CB for them will legitimately be harder than England 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

They've got dias and then ignacio and silva breaking through

No doubt they still call up pepe or carvalho cos Portugal love a bit of dad's army but CB for them will legitimately be harder than England 

Maybe DR Congo then :D 

Hindsight is 20/20 but we absolutely must have this guy in the centre at all times. He's far and away our best defender and sticking him out on the right is disrupting our backline. I'd rather see Dendonker at RB if it means Konsa plays in the middle. Comfortably our best player tonight and we need him at the heart of our defence, not stuck out wide.

Yet another example of how not having a backup RB is really twisting is up. Should've kept Young after all.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but we absolutely must have this guy in the centre at all times. He's far and away our best defender and sticking him out on the right is disrupting our backline. I'd rather see Dendonker at RB if it means Konsa plays in the middle. Comfortably our best player tonight and we need him at the heart of our defence, not stuck out wide.

Yet another example of how not having a backup RB is really twisting is up. Should've kept Young after all.

Agreed. I actually think he’s a pretty decent right back but he needs to move back into the middle next to Torres.

The problem we have is Emery is stubborn with that Right foot, left foot thing at centre half. It’s fine when you have Torres fit but when him and Mings are out it causes problems.

Either way, he’s a centre half so keep him there. 

• Like 1

Not much choice but to play him at RB tonight. Cash needs some competition at RB but it shouldn’t be Konsa. He is so much better than Carlos, the drop off is noticeable. We also miss his speed centrally.

Â