Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Go back and see how England did before Southgate, a lot of failure in EC and WC qualifications, a lot of times knocked out in group stages. Just getting England qualified to EC and WC makes Southgate one of the best, when he also manage to get England out of the group stages and win knockout stage matches, it makes him a standout England manager.

I’m sure he could have done things differently, but the history has shown that getting England to perform is easier said than done. Maybe it is wrong to call him a great England manager, but at least he is the least rubbish one in a very long time.

Even results aside, I just can't take to him.

He's not strong enough to bat away people who question him, so he comes up with bizarre reasoning for selecting/not selecting certain players. He also makes bizarre selections generally, and constantly contradicts himself.

Not for me, and I can't wait until he's gone personally.

• Like 2

my only worry with this call up, is if the genius of Southgate means he gets 1 England cap for the final 3 minutes of a game, and locks himself out of the chance to represent Portugal, but Southgate doesnt pick him again.

i 100% would not put it past Southgate to make such a sh*t move.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Are you saying that England manager in the past didn’t have talent available? Some of the past England squad had more talent than what Southgate has available now.

Southgate have won 6 knockout stage matches in major tournaments, that equal the number of knockout wins in the 48 years before Southgate. That means Southgate has been by far the best England manager in a very long time, or at least he has been less rubbish.

I don’t like Southgate, but he should get credit as one the best England manager.

Don’t want to derail the topic but you are right that other managers have had great England squads. But no way has the standard of other International teams been as low as it is today and no way have our draws been as easy as Southgate has had it.

He should have won a trophy and that’s what he will be remembered for. 

Well done Ezri!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Southgate have won 6 knockout stage matches in major tournaments, that equal the number of knockout wins in the 48 years before Southgate. That means Southgate has been by far the best England manager in a very long time, or at least he has been less rubbish.

Who did we beat?

And who beat us?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

First thing Southgate will tell him is that this is only a taster. Sign for one of the top teams like United or Chelsea and I will call you up every game

"I know you're a center back but you need to add more goals and assists to get to that next level."

Wouldn’t know he’d been called up reading the media, it’s all about the wonder kids, Lewis and Palmer. Konsa has been consistently good for over 3 years now and has also had to adapt to playing with a new  defensive partner but gets next to no media coverage! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Southgate is the biggest managerial fraud out there. Playing ten men behind the ball, with four right backs and relying on brilliance from Kane or Bellingham is the sole tactic he has.

A PE teacher of a coach that only Luton, crystal Palace or Sheffield Utd would even consider appointing as a manager in the premier league. I wouldn’t even want him at the club coaching the under 12s for fear that he would indoctrinate them with his hideously negative tactics. 

Like another fraud we all know- who asked players to look him in the eye and waited for moments of magic. Gerrard / Safegate - same same- both turds you can't polish..

I had personally wished Ezri would declare for Portugal- I don't want him playing under the clown Safegate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WHY said:

Wouldn’t know he’d been called up reading the media, it’s all about the wonder kids, Lewis and Palmer. Konsa has been consistently good for over 3 years now and has also had to adapt to playing with a new  defensive partner but gets next to no media coverage! 

There was a piece on the BBC/football page, where Andros Townsend describes Konsa as "having everything", but you have to search for it now.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Thankfully I don't write off players for making a mistake. Presume you don't rate Martinez after the Forest game !!!

6 hours ago, WHY said:

They’re all interested in the wonder kids as you correctly said or equally as interested in screaming for Ward Prowse, who is regarded by the meeeeja as the greatest midfielder in the PL!

6 hours ago, WHY said:

Some of you remind me of over protective mothers at times. He’s finally called up but now he is not getting enough media coverage ! 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

First thing Southgate will tell him is that this is only a taster. Sign for one of the top teams like United or Chelsea and I will call you up every game

Or a Saudi team.

Â