Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

10 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He has very good pace though, just that it his languid running style and good positioning hides it.

Not sure, I've moaned about his pace before.

No slight on him as a defender, but I've seen him get done by quick players and look slow on occassion.

Aside from that though, he's fine, and what may be perceived as " slow " just like with the likes of Torres, couldn't simply be acceleration or " turn of pace " etc. ( Also as you mention, probably partially due to them being more " lanky " built and languid styled guys )

Obviously for the most part his positional awareness offsets this anyway.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

24 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I think that's a tactical choice made by the manager.  We play a high line so there's always the risk of an opponent getting in behind and testing the keeper but clearly Unai backs Emi Martinez to excel when he's one on one with a forward.  The up side of playing the high line is we squeeze the pitch and deny whoever we are facing a lot of room to even play in the final third.  We caught Chelsea offside ten times yesterday, this is clearly by design and it means Konsa isn't going to be blocking shots on the line or making tackles in the area, our identity is to basically stop the opposition even reaching that point.  

Good points well made and I saw Ollie Watkins make similar comments. To be fair the two instances I pointed at, Cash was playing someone onside both times. 

I've not been Konsas biggest fan but think he's certainly improving. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

There's no doubt that he's a very good defender and was excellent against Chelsea, but a leader? I'm not so sure tbh. 

I’d have agreed with this a year ago, even a few weeks ago. But he has definitely stepped up since the Mings injury. 

Edited by KentVillan

Just rewatching the Chelsea game and the more I watch the more astounding verging on disgusting I find it that cock nose manages to pick the likes of maguire and colwell ahead of konsa for England. The guy barley puts a foot wrong, reads the game so well and improves his ball playing with every game. Safegate really is a clueless clown 

• Like 1

we needed one of them to step up to the plate and grab it by the proverbial bollocks and he has done just that. Well done Ezri. 

We are looking more solid defensively each game and long may it continue 

Ezri is a bit marmite at mo, I can't help but feel while a game is slower, he fits in nicely, but as soon as a high press is employed and they are trying to break our lines, he really struggles. He's just so slow to move and control/pass.

Not knocking him, his record speaks for itself, just saying he has been quite exposed against Legia and last night to areas of his game I would like to see improve.

other than Youri throwing him under the bus yesterday he looked good ... might have got away with one step out for offside that a VAR game would have spent hours looking at for a loose stitch of thread on his shirt playing the forward on  , but there were a number of times when a player ran at him one on one and he dealt with them easily 

Edited by tonyh29

That outside-of-the-foot pass in the first half 😍

Superb defensive display again and his partnership with Torres is coming along very nicely indeed. We didn't crack after Brighton piled on the pressure at the start of the 2nd half and he was a uni throughout. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â