Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A lot of pundits were saying it as well. 

He had a very solid season. 

That season he was only dribbled past once (I think) . He was a rock. In fact carragher kept mentioning him as though he was conditioning everyone to him moving to Liverscum. 

Maybe it is the crowds that a lot of these players struggle with. 

• Like 1

Konsa has lost the plot since Gerrard came in. I think that there's a problem with the new buys being on bigger money than some of the players that were previously doing great. McGinn,  Konsa,  Luiz, Traore have all regressed under Gerrard's management. 

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Konsa has lost the plot since Gerrard came in. I think that there's a problem with the new buys being on bigger money than some of the players that were previously doing great. McGinn,  Konsa,  Luiz, Traore have all regressed under Gerrard's management. 

I think it's a worry that not a single player has improved in the 10 months he's been here. 

Maybe you could argue Cash, but to be honest, I think he was on an upwards trajectory regardless of who the manager was. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Was John Terry actually a really brilliant defensive coach? It can’t have been all the lack of crowds surely?

I think in the Smith set up he had Cash/Targett more back so Konsa didnt have a lot of space to defend. I think this helped him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

The weakest player in the squad. Mr. Pass responsibility.

Even the first goal. He doesn't commit Zaha, he doesn't take responsibility, he doesn't want to be the one to get "done" or be exposed.

Not commit. Let Zaha shoot and if it goes in it isnt my fault. I've not been beat.

He needs to be gone. We need to sign two centre halves. He's the first to flap his arms when we concede. He's petulant. He never passes the ball through the lines. Only to people 5 yards next to him. Time and time again he'll just give it to Mings, who is in a worse position than him and less outballs - to pump it up into the channels.

spot on.....but decisions like this to play him......is Gerrard hanging himself.

Everyone can see it, except the man that matters.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's a worry that not a single player has improved in the 10 months he's been here. 

Maybe you could argue Cash, but to be honest, I think he was on an upwards trajectory regardless of who the manager was. 

If that was improvement yesterday.....I'm a monkeys uncle.

You was right first time.....no one has improved.

The fluctuations in form alone ,are a major worry.

26 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A lot of pundits were saying it as well. 

He had a very solid season. 

On the ground, he wasn't too bad, in the air lightweight imo.

sadly, centre backs have to deal with high balls, as well as defend on the ground.....He always made me nervous, with aerial balls.

I always thought Mings covered for him....but Konza has got worse.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

On the ground, he wasn't too bad, in the air lightweight imo.

sadly, centre backs have to deal with high balls, as well as defend on the ground.....He always made me nervous, with aerial balls.

I always thought Mings covered for him....but Konza has got worse.

True, but he looked so solid on the ground that it seemed to compensate for that.

I've no idea how he's gone so backwards. Confidence looks shot at times.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

True, but he looked so solid on the ground that it seemed to compensate for that.

I've no idea how he's gone so backwards. Confidence looks shot at times.

As you say, on recent showings they all have.

We are simply doing too many things wrong, inc selections, tactics, etc......its draining to everyone one.....The confidence is shot in all of us.

Edited by TRO

30 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Sorry but this is fantasy 

He was shite last season under Deano as well, and partially responsible for him losing his job, as was Ollie.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry but this is fantasy 

He was shite last season under Deano as well, and partially responsible for him losing his job, as was Ollie.

I honestly thought all this would change Shaun, but its geting worse.

We are throwing new players at it and its still getting worse.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

I honestly thought all this would change Shaun, but its geting worse.

We are throwing new players at it and its still getting worse.

I'm a bit disillusioned with it all at the minute.

As we've said multiple times, if we don't address the midfield and our athleticism nothing will change.

As much as we all love McGinn, admittedly, the Captaincy is looking a bit of a clanger, he's often the weakest link.

So SG has put himself in a bind, probably unnecessarily.

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

All inconsistent players mostly in their prime. Konsa looks like he’s reached his ceiling and isn’t as high as hoped & expected … good squad player but should start 

Konsa just isn't good enough for the Premier League. Admittedly he's being made to look worse by Gerrard's bizarre system which leaves our CB's out of position a lot of the time with little or no initial support.

However, even in a balanced system he would still be a very weak link.

I think the reason why SG seems to like him is because he watches him star in small sided training games where physical tenacity and positional play aren't so important. Match days are nothing like that and Ezri often looks like a Sunday League player.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2022 at 14:06, villabromsgrove said:

Konsa just isn't good enough for the Premier League. Admittedly he's being made to look worse by Gerrard's bizarre system which leaves our CB's out of position a lot of the time with little or no initial support.

However, even in a balanced system he would still be a very weak link.

I think the reason why SG seems to like him is because he watches him star in small sided training games where physical tenacity and positional play aren't so important. Match days are nothing like that and Ezri often looks like a Sunday League player.

Nothing he can do is going right - can't header, can't read the game, makes mistakes under no pressure. I understand he needs time to get fitness levels up. Utterly weak link again.

This kid is petrified of the ball. He never closes the opposition when they have it and he rarely shows in possession. For their goal today he should have been flying out to attack the ball but he is totally statuesque. He drives me mad. I would have Hause ahead of him. At least he has got some courage.

his interviews are as bad as his on pitch performances.

I wouldnt roll out a players talking like that, he looked like he was going to have a breakdown.

He sounded ismilar when they rolled him out a couple of weeks ago.

Wheres frickin El Capitan?

Â