Matt Targett

villan-scott

Watching Targett for Newcastle last night against Wolves, he had a very good game, and was usually a candidate for taking their set-pieces.

His range of movement on the pitch was slightly restricted as far as going forward, which meant he never struggled to recover his defensive position, as he sometimes did for Villa.

If he's spending time away from home these days, his improved form might be down to getting more sleep.

12 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

https://twitter.com/AVFCFaithful_/status/1514166949428793345?s=20&t=ciArfgCemELt_0BNfcjYJg

It's from the Mirror, but apparently Newcastle will pay the £15 mill for Targett. 

Edit - I can't find the direct Mirror link, I just realised it wasn't in the original tweet. 

Well I hope the numbers on the loan fee were absurdly high. That's a steal. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

https://twitter.com/AVFCFaithful_/status/1514166949428793345?s=20&t=ciArfgCemELt_0BNfcjYJg

It's from the Mirror, but apparently Newcastle will pay the £15 mill for Targett. 

Edit - I can't find the direct Mirror link, I just realised it wasn't in the original tweet. 

Who will he sign for in 2023 when Newcastle sign a £30m left back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

PotS last year sold for £15m. We are muppets. 

He was dogshit at the start of this season and didn't want to be here.

His Watford performance was one of the most unprofessional things I've ever seen. Fat, slow, under prepped and couldn't be arsed. 

We also don't know anything about this mythical fee. Could be £25m for all we know. Media speculation. 

• Like 1

Maybe i'm missing something but he was a shadow of himself this season, seemed terrified to try and play football, had no desire to compete for his place and was therefore allowed to leave. Now because we don't have the benefit of seeing the future and out LB is injured the fans are using this as a reason to moan. It's pathetic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

His Watford performance was one of the most unprofessional things I've ever seen. Fat, slow, under prepped and couldn't be arsed. 

We also don't know anything about this mythical fee. Could be £25m for all we know. Media speculation. 

I’m reacting to the reported fee of £15m. He clearly wants to go but we don’t halve his value because he had a rocky start to the season. If we get £25m then that’s clearly better isn’t it. 

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

Maybe i'm missing something but he was a shadow of himself this season, seemed terrified to try and play football, had no desire to compete for his place and was therefore allowed to leave. Now because we don't have the benefit of seeing the future and out LB is injured the fans are using this as a reason to moan. It's pathetic. 

You’re not missing anything you’re bang on

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m reacting to the reported fee of £15m. He clearly wants to go but we don’t halve his value because he had a rocky start to the season. If we get £25m then that’s clearly better isn’t it. 

Matt Targett is not a £30m footballer. 

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Matt Targett is not a £30m footballer. 

We paid £15m plus add ons. You don’t let a player who was our best player last season (which adds further value) and is clearly playing well on loan go for less than you paid lol. Like I said, £25m and fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I concur.

His decent season was a flash in the pan, however always thought he was better than given credit for. Slightly above average but we can and have done better. Seems a bit Lilly-livered, not some one you want in the trenches with you, wants off when the going gets tough or he takes a knock. A bit of a pansy with a boring haircut, especially for a multi millionaire elite athlete, I’ll bet he does jigsaws when he gets home.

Just now, thunderball said:

I concur.

His decent season was a flash in the pan, however always thought he was better than given credit for. Slightly above average but we can and have done better. Seems a bit Lilly-livered, not some one you want in the trenches with you, wants off when the going gets tough or he takes a knock. A bit of a pansy with a boring haircut, especially for a multi millionaire elite athlete, I’ll bet he does jigsaws when he gets home.

A lot of projecting there. Wow. 

• Like 1

Â