Charlton Athletic (Jul 27)

limpid

• 3 weeks later...

Ticket Indo 

Saturday 27th July
The Valley
Initial Allocation: 2,500
Kick-off: 3pm

Prices: £15 (Adults), £10 (O65s, U21s), £5 (U11s)

Tuesday 2nd July: On sale ONLINE from 5pm to 2019/20 Season Ticket Holders
Wednesday 3rd July: On sale IN PERSON/VIA PHONE to 2019/20 Season Ticket Holders
Monday 8th July: On sale ONLINE from 5pm to 2019/20 Members
Tuesday 9th July: On sale IN PERSON/VIA PHONE to 2019/20 Members
Thursday 11th July: On general sale ONLINE from 5pm
Friday 12th July: On general sale IN PERSON/VIA PHONE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is only a pre-season friendly but I'm looking forward to this game (I joined signed up for the Claret Membership to ensure I got a ticket (still 24 left by the way)), I don't often get to see the Villa in the flesh, and I used to go to the Valley many years ago when I worked with a Charlton Fan, and the caretaker at my kids' primary school used to get cheap tickets. Last time I saw the Villa at the Valley (at with the home crowd) was the 2-1 defeat (The Barry Game score a penalty and then got sent off) and I would like to have to opportunity to give him as much $hi+ as possible, even though that was over 13 years ago.  

i hope to see something like this as a starting lineup, 2 friendly games to go, we need to be looking to play a "first 11" tbh.

Steer or Kalinic, Targett, Mings, Engels, Guilbert, DM (who? - pls sign Douglas), Grealish, McGinn, Trez, Wesley, Jota.

im assuming El Ghazi might still have issues?, would trez even play considering the ACN only just finished?

Really cant decide between Engels and Konsa currently to partner Mings???....

Edited by MaVilla

As a Villa fan living in Charlton I should be able to help with pubs. There aren't that many very close to the ground.

First thing though - it looks there aren't any trains from London Bridge on Saturday, which is a pain. You'll need to get the tube (Jubilee line) to North Greenwich then a bus or taxi or walk (at least 30 mins walk).

Given that, the best pub might be the Pilot which is not far from the tube station. Decent pub, good outdoor space. Still a bit of a walk to the ground from there, or a bus.

I'll be going to the River Ale House in East Greenwich, at least 6 interesting beers on tap, and some nice Charlton fans. Small so hope it doesn't get totally mobbed by Villa fans. About 25 mins walk to the ground.

Other options:

• Closest to the ground is the Antigallican, just by Charlton Station - bit basic, possibly home fans only.
  • Hope and Anchor is on the river - used to be the away pub years ago. Should be decent there.
  • Rose of Denmark, slightly back towards Greenwich is ok, home fans only for league games, not sure about this one.
  • The Angerstein, about 15 mins walk from the ground is a Millwall pub. Not sure if they will welcome a load of Villa.

You could go further into Greenwich - Hardy's, Cutty Sark - but not very practical if the trains aren't working.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't know what to expect in terms of line-up, but I would like to see Targett partnering up with a better player than Green

Think RHM deserves another run-out as well tbh. 

i'd expect trez to come straight in

Will Hassan be available for this match?

Can't remember if he got the WP yet or maybe on a break after the ACN?

Assuming 100% we won't see douglas as no WP as of writing afaik.

Â