Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It's amazing what happens when a player is coached properly...

The thing is, we went down that season with about minus 1 million points. All of our supporters looked at the new signings and thought, they must all be shit. Look how many have moved on and been very successful.

It is the same now. We have been better this season than the last time we went down and yet people are again writing off our summer signings. I still believe that Targett, Mings, Konsa, Engels, Luiz, Marvelous, AEG and Wesley can make it in the PL. I just hope that they do it with us this time.

• Like 4

No excuses now. We need to show a little bit more ambition and have a serious go tomorrow. Results going our way only matter if we do our bit. Might be our last crack at having a right go at Chelsea for sometime the way they are shaping up for next season.

• Like 3

Have seen Wolves fans this season say that they think Adama is overrated and that they should cash in if a big offer comes in for him, and that Neto is the better player. Also he wasn't very good for them last season only had one assist and one goal, so don't know if this season is a one off, even this season he has four goals and eight assists which isn't bad, but not sure it's worth some of the hype he's getting, El Ghazi has four goals and four assists, in less game time and playing out of position.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The thing is, we went down that season with about minus 1 million points. All of our supporters looked at the new signings and thought, they must all be shit. Look how many have moved on and been very successful.

It is the same now. We have been better this season than the last time we went down and yet people are again writing off our summer signings. I still believe that Targett, Mings, Konsa, Engels, Luiz, Marvelous, AEG and Wesley can make it in the PL. I just hope that they do it with us this time.

Luiz will be brillant yet. I do doubt though whether Smith is i dunno , big enough, for some of these players and tactically good enough to make them better. Let's not forget, he was gonna get sacked had we lost to Chelsea before they pulled the plug in March. John Percy pretty much tweeted something to that effect.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

confused jimmy fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yes never mind I typed in villa fixtures and that came up, I didnt think to much about it at the time but there is always someone who will point it out on here lol.

• Haha 2

Seen enough to say Norwich are dead and buried. Bournemouth won’t make it. So it’s a shoot out between us, WH and Watford... that last game could really be a decider, we need to shore up the defending because it might just come down to goal difference....

• Like 2

Chelsea, Newcastle, Wolves, Liverpool, Man utd, Palace, Everton, Arsenal, Westham.

I think out of those games, Newcastle, Palace, Arsenal and West ham we should look to securing as many point as possible from and winning them all isnt such an unrealistic idea.

Chelsea i think a draw is possible although if we could nick a win our lads would orgasm off of it, that feeling then could be used to carry that on into Newcastle for a Win there as well.

Wolves, Liverpool and Man utd are the games that look the most bleak, where hopefully our lads have got there heads screwed on because firepower is against them. If they can get points from these three games I'll be impressed and happy. 

We play this right and we could be in for a good remainder of the season, we don't and we look totally daft going back down with the money we spent.

The future is in there hands can they go out there tomorrow and for the rest of the games and realise what's at stake, do they want to be playing championship or prem football next season, if its the latter then they better go and start playing the games of there lives.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Luiz will be brillant yet. I do doubt though whether Smith is i dunno , big enough, for some of these players and tactically good enough to make them better. Let's not forget, he was gonna get sacked had we lost to Chelsea before they pulled the plug in March. John Percy pretty much tweeted something to that effect.

I've yet to hear a player who has played under Smith come out and say anything negative about him. Grealish has been quoted as saying Smith has brought the best out of him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I've yet to hear a player who has played under Smith come out and say anything negative about him. Grealish has been quoted as saying Smith has brought the best out of him.

Defensively he's not that clever. Stats don't lie. Last season also.

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes but he was slated as being terrible by the time he left. Very few players come to Villa and get better, it's part of the curse.

They don’t get better because unless they set the world on fire in the first 3 matches they are deemed to to be crap by the fan base and are eventually hounded out of the club with their confidence in tatters. Gollini, Veretout, Gueye, Westwood, Lowton, Stevens, Amavi, Ayew etc. Granted not world beaters but would improve our current squad if they were still with us.

• Like 4

Just now, smg said:

They don’t get better because unless they set the world on fire in the first 3 matches they are deemed to to be crap by the fan base and are eventually hounded out of the club with their confidence in tatters. Gollini, Veretout, Gueye, Westwood, Lowton, Stevens, Amavi, Ayew etc. Granted not world beaters but would improve our current squad if they were still with us.

100% agree

• Like 1

A draw won't be bad at all. We'll gain one point on West Ham and Bournemouth. Two goals better than before the this round. Not losing anything to Watford. Only Brighton who could the big benefit. We'll still see what Newcastle does tomorrow, hopefully a loss for them will help us either directly or non-directly.

• Like 1

No excuses today show some ambition need to go at teams now I understand defence wise we can't open up,but games early we may catch teams of guard.Sammatta has to start his our real goal threat that can score.