Travel

hogso

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep.

Can't remember what time we got to moor street. But it was early. Like 7:30 am early.

Train was rammed so we started off standing. The queues at Moor Street had already started so the train was totally full when it set off. Yet at every station more people got on. I mean I thought it was physically impossible to get anymore people on the train, and it stopped at like 3 more stations and people got on at every stop.

Probably the longest couple of hours of my life.

I wasn’t planning on leaving until 10 but im glad you’ve posted this.

I ain’t taking the chance now.  Can see if I can get a refund for tickets.

Getting the train from moor street down to wembley last year was fine but coming back was vile 

Train was packed out with these lads constantly singing songs, doing drugs in front of everyone then one of them set the alarm off at leamington spa so we had to wait an extra half an hour. 

Gotta be one of the worst days ever the final last year 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Giro said:

Getting the train from moor street down to wembley last year was fine but coming back was vile 

Train was packed out with these lads constantly singing songs, doing drugs in front of everyone then one of them set the alarm off at leamington spa so we had to wait an extra half an hour. 

Gotta be one of the worst days ever the final last year 

Right. If @Stevo985 posts wernt enough this has just confirmed I’m driving, whether I can get a refund on my train tickets or not!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Giro said:

And that was just the driver and the train crew staff 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wasn’t planning on leaving until 10 but im glad you’ve posted this.

I ain’t taking the chance now.  Can see if I can get a refund for tickets.

Apparently leaving later last year was actually better. I think everyone had the same idea so the early trains were packed.
I wouldn't like to take the risk and leave later though in case the trains are too full.

Like I said it was just my own experience. Plenty of people have said the trains were ok last year. And if you got a seat they would have been fine. But standing was horrendous.

• Thanks 1

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:52, hogso said:

My experience on the coach was pretty awful. Hilarious in hindsight as fans on the coach continually berated and sang insulting songs at the inept and clearly inexperienced driver. And yes, we arrived way too late to do anything other than go to the turnstiles. 

I booked the train for £30 return on the Chiltern line from Moor Street to Wembley Stadium, as posted on the previous page by rev. Pleased with that. 

Bloody coach from VP last time, we had to get off and walk when we saw the arch or would never have parked in time. Bit of panic finding where it had parked. But didn't really care about anything after the game. Me and the lad booked train from Tamworth to Euston three weeks ago. £22 return each. But dont have a ticket yet. Praying to get one tonight (4 games, semi and FA cup match, was not enough this time ) both on afternoon shift, so taking both phones, I pad and works PC

5 hours ago, chappy said:

Do Trainline still charge a fee? You can buy tickets for the same price from any train company website without a booking fee. I use the Virgin Trains app as you get nectar points and they also save the tickets in the app for you.

They do but for the sake of a couple of quid and the amount of times I use a train I'd rather just pay it for the convenience of 1 app to use. 

On 17/05/2019 at 18:23, AndyC said:

Lichfield to Euston £57 return for two adults. 8.54am out and 7.30pm return 

On 18/05/2019 at 21:39, Bizzzle said:

Where did you book that mate? I’m going from Lichfield too

Anyone getting the train from Lichfield and/or Tamworth and then Atherstone and Rugby just need to be mindful that this will be the same line that the Derby fans will be using.

I have done a search of trains from Derby, Its a change point at Tamworth and then these are the calling stations....

Tamworth station will be very busy with Derby and Villa fans. Unless they have put specials on for the Derby fans but i doubt it.

This will be the same for the later trains leaving as well.

Will also make the return journey interesting as well.

IMG_2152.JPG

Last year Tamworth station was full of Villa fans who effectively filled the train at that point. So Monday will be interesting to see how the trains cope. I can see some of them being standing room only.

Edited by imavillan
added comment on last year

Plenty of Villa use the train from Nuneaton too. I imagine there will be less than safe standing room only when/if they try and get on that! 

I tried justpark, which is usually very good, but the locals are taking the piss. I think the cheapest was about 17 quid. I found a normal car park on parkopedia for way under what people were charging for their driveway. 

@Davkaus with a 3pm ko get there early, soak up the atmosphere.

get a bite to eat, a few beers and before you know it you will be in the ground watching the teams come out.....time flies dear friend.

this is no ''ordinary'' game at VP

Edited by imavillan

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I tried justpark, which is usually very good, but the locals are taking the piss. I think the cheapest was about 17 quid. I found a normal car park on parkopedia for way under what people were charging for their driveway. 

Nice one cheers for that, u know if that carpark is still on there?

40 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Which website’s do people recommend to park on someone’s drive? As found a few sites 

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This place has a car park and is about a 25/30min walk to the stadium.

Its far enough away for it to be comfortably busy without it being bonkers.

Might be worth giving them a bell????

https://www.emberinns.co.uk/nationalsearch/london/the-preston-wembley#

3 hours ago, imavillan said:

Anyone getting the train from Lichfield and/or Tamworth and then Atherstone and Rugby just need to be mindful that this will be the same line that the Derby fans will be using.

I have done a search of trains from Derby, Its a change point at Tamworth and then these are the calling stations....

Tamworth station will be very busy with Derby and Villa fans. Unless they have put specials on for the Derby fans but i doubt it.

This will be the same for the later trains leaving as well.

Will also make the return journey interesting as well.

IMG_2152.JPG

Last year Tamworth station was full of Villa fans who effectively filled the train at that point. So Monday will be interesting to see how the trains cope. I can see some of them being standing room only.

Great im on this , i thought derby fans would get the st pancras train straight through

Â