Tactical Masterminding

Django_Zooms

12 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Our form since the turn of the year hasnt been good enough, pure and simple, Norwich and Sheffield United have been in great form during that time and we have to accept that and accept the playoffs.

You also have been in great form over the last 10 games, have to respect that to, but i see no reason why we should fear you or anyone else.

Dont know if that was me tbh, blaming "Bielsa burnout" for our form is a bit simplistic, traditionally going back years we fade 2nd half of the season, its frustrating but its common, and then you throw in injuries and a poor January window.

Looking forward to tomorrow now, hoping to see some of our kids get a chance 😊

Won't read to much into tomorrows result win lose or draw.

I was just trying to work out if you’d instead be going hell for leather trying to overturn goal difference to Sheffield United if we rest players...

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

I was just trying to work out if you’d instead be going hell for leather trying to overturn goal difference to Sheffield United if we rest players...

We beat you 7-0 and Ipswich 8-0 Stoke beat Blades after Billy Sharp scores an own goal.

If Carlsberg did results  . . . . . . .

• Haha 1

Rise and shine VTers it's time to get ready to add another scalp to the necklace 😁

Being in Australia, I have been awake for 9 hours already and getting sick of the waiting!!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yeah I think now that Leeds can't really go up autos they'll either come out trying to score 10, in which case it'll be a brilliant open game, or they'll just go through the motions. Today, of all days though I see a draw. 

Watched Brentford Leeds last week and I thought they looked shot to pieces. Bamford lacks the decisiveness of a top striker and the likes of Roofe, Roberts and Clarke all seem to be suffering a loss of form or confidence. I'd expect us to beat a deflated Leeds whatever team we put out, and having listened to Smith's pre-match interview I think there will be changes.

We should rest a load of key players to be honest, two reasons (1) give Bielsa less of a 'read' on us and (2) I fully expect Leeds to go out there with the intention of injuring our best players and this will be instructed by Bielsa, not worth the risk.

• Like 1

@Cjay - what are the Leeds forums saying about us? Do they think that the evil Dean Smith is going to tell Jedinak and Hutton to cripple your star players for the playoffs?  :)

I am looking forward to this game and I am hoping that we can show Leeds what this team is really about.

I don’t think that we will miss Tammy as much because the majority of his goals are from home games.

Kodjia is a talented player and  depending on which Kodjia shows up he could turn some of their defenders inside out and cause havoc. Kodjia has the ability to do something magical.

Honestly I don’t want us resting players. They need to keep their momentum up and this could be a rehearsal for a play off final. So I would rather our players use this game as a mental advantage.

If Bielsa plays the kids then, as good as some of them seem to be, I reckon we'll give them a beating. At full strength on current form even at their place we should be close to favourites anyway.

EDIT: Good job I'm not a bookie, betfair.it has leeds evens (1.95) and us at 2's pretty much (3.75)!!!

Edited by romavillan

Understand the thinking behind resting Villa’s best players but whenever Villa do that the second string have an awful habit of showing why they are exactly that.

For me I’d be inclined to keep the momentum going into the playoffs with the amount of rest periods coming up. The players will be chomping at the bit to go out there and keep the run going.

Smith could always sub Grealish & McGinn after 70 minutes. McGinn sooner if he picks up a booking?

I remember going to an end of season dead rubber game at Elland Road in 1980, with both sides strolling around, not trying at all. With the sole exception of Brian Little, who gave it his all. When he got subbed off, he got applauded by both sets of fans. 

• Like 2