Tactical Masterminding

Django_Zooms

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Tempted to play the reserves and tell them to go out and kick the legs off half their 1st team. They need the win, no point risking our top players and a chance to weaken their team. 

Don Revie irony. The Damned United.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Play the way we've been playing for most of the last 10 games and we'll beat them, whatever tactics he uses. They're spent.

Why risk Injuring our stars for a game worth nothing bar stretching our winning streak ? Bigger picture and all that ? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Why risk Injuring our stars for a game worth nothing bar stretching our winning streak ? Bigger picture and all that ? 

Momentum and morale.

But I take your point. I don't mind some rotation in this game.

I just meant I don't think it will take some tactical genius to win this game.

• Like 2

I agree with keeping the run going but it would be beyond stupid to play McGinn and see him pick up a yellow card, or even two. I'd rather he play against Norwich as warm up for the semis, and then sub him if he picks up a yellow. Everyone else though should keep it going if fully fit, most have not played the full season anyway. 

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well for what’s it’s worth there’s potential to finish 4th.

I really dont know what to think, play our best team or play the fringe players. What ever team is announced there will be a difference of opinions on VT.  4th 5th makes little difference (unless we win money from the EFL) I think we all put our trust in Smith and the staff for this one, They haven't done to bad lately 

3 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I really dont know what to think, play our best team or play the fringe players. What ever team is announced there will be a difference of opinions on VT.  4th 5th makes little difference (unless we win money from the EFL) I think we all put our trust in Smith and the staff for this one, They haven't done to bad lately 

50p more prize money for 4th place.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Well Albion would have played before we do so maybe that could determine the team that’s selected.

edit: Its at home to Rotherham. 

I’d look to give a few fringe players or those returning from injury some minutes. They could be key for the playoffs.

Hause, Axel, Lansbury, Davis could start.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I agree with keeping the run going but it would be beyond stupid to play McGinn and see him pick up a yellow card, or even two. I'd rather he play against Norwich as warm up for the semis, and then sub him if he picks up a yellow. Everyone else though should keep it going if fully fit, most have not played the full season anyway. 

McGinn doesn't get a ban unless he picks up two more cards IIRC.

So I'd play him in the next game as usual and if he gets a yellow rest him for the final game.

The yellows are wiped once you the to the playoffs I think (but if you'd picked up a suspension in the game before that would carry over)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Me and Mrs T are in Prague for a few days sight seeing for the second leg of the semi. So personally I hope we play at home on the Saturday first so I can go. 

Where do we have to finish to play the home game first ?

Found it . highest ranked side plays at home second leg