• Adomah
    • Abraham
    • Jedinak (Adomah 37)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 45)
    • Whelan (Grealish 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/19 at 13:00

Our superb 2018 form has seen us match some long-standing records over the last few weeks, and victory this weekend against Fulham would mean the same again.

A seven-game winning run was equalled for first time since 1990 on Sunday, and we now have our sights set on an eighth successive league win.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/02/13/stat-villas-last-eight-game-winning-run

We haven't won eight league games in a row "since the 1974/75 campaign".   * (Quote from the article above).

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Superb second half, I reckon Smith said what any one of us would have wanted to say to them and it worked, different performance after the break and a man down. I don't remember the last time I saw us win a game in that kind of situation. 

Special mentions for nuclear McGinn and Kodjia, motivated Kodjia we love, sulky-pants Kodjia not so much, hopefully we see the former for the rest of the run in

8 minutes ago, Razor said:

What was our run under Bruce then, I thought it was 7 or 8, must have been 6?

7 in a row, literally last season but people hate Bruce so much nobody even remembers...

We lost 2-0 to Fulham in the 8th game

The official website claims that thee 7 before this was 1990 but i'm pretty sure we didn't win 7 in a row in either 89/90 or 90/91 although we did win 5 in a row twice

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

7 in a row, literally last season but people hate Bruce so much nobody even remembers...

I'll always be grateful to Steve Bruce for that wonderful run of seven league wins in a row last season ! : ) That was a happy and exciting time to be a Villa fan, finally !

20 minutes ago, Razor said:

What was our run under Bruce then, I thought it was 7 or 8, must have been 6?

Under Bruce we won 7 games in a row between 30-12-2017 and 11-02-2018, although we lost a cup game during that run.

He also managed a run of 8 unbeaten (separate to the above as those 7 wins had a loss before and after)

Edited by TheStagMan

Why did we get motivated Kodjia tonight instead of sulky Kodjia ? Surely if he is a team player and commited to the club we should get the same Kodjia every game ?

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The first half wasn't pretty, but 7 in a row, that's amazing.

McGinn man of the match, by a mile. He puts everything he has in to every game, he's the bargain of the century. With him running about, it was like we had the extra man.

I was also very impressed with Kodjia's work, and Elmo's assist blew my mind. Grealish was generally quiet, but what a move for his goal. Jedinak didn't put a foot wrong either, and I was shitting myself when he came on. 

Tammy was disappointing. Penalty aside, I can remember him touching the ball once in the second half, very poor.

We want 8!

Is McGinn the only one who can win the ball or make a challenge.....piss poor for me, in the first half, played better with 10 men.....despite a crucial win.

Edited by TRO

So just got home from work and watched the highlights Bloody amazing what a turn around. They certainly put us fans through the emotions 

I am taking medication at present for high blood pressure, Doctor thinks is because I have a stressful job

I think its because my blood is Claret and blue 

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

McGinn was like a man possessed. I have not seen such a gutsy performance from a Villa player, it was phenomenal. The amount of times he burst into midfield and beat several players and moved the ball on was incredible. He contested everything, and won everything. Wow. 

The first half was like a bad dream, very frustrating. Alot of credit goes to the players today for digging in and finding a way to win. You could see how hard they were all trying.

What angered me, was some of our lot just watching him do it.....He needs help and his team mates need to get their finger out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

The official website claims that thee 7 before this was 1990 but i'm pretty sure we didn't win 7 in a row in either 89/90 or 90/91 although we did win 5 in a row twice

Attached - 1989/90 (In the Title season we also went 8-1-0 in 9 games run - and 8-2-0 in a 10 game run)

Screen Shot 04-10-19 at 08.13 PM.PNG

Edited by SirSteveUK

Â