• Adomah
    • Abraham
    • Jedinak (Adomah 37)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 45)
    • Whelan (Grealish 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/19 at 13:00

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Match thread is not to be taken too seriously, I think. It's where you react and let it all out. Well, I do at least. And I couldn't care less if I'm right or wrong in the heat of the moment. 

Spot on.

(Although I'm definitely right about Hourihane :D)

• Like 2

That was an absolute masterclass on how to play with 10 men. Clearly, Rotherham aren’t Man City but you would genuinely have believed we were the ones at a man advantage from the level of threat each side were offering. Props to Smith for sticking on Kodjia - the extra attacking threat meant Rotherham couldn’t load players forwards, and JK was quality, which is ideal with Tammy looking to be not quite at his best. Even more props to the 3 man midfield - McGinn with performance of the season, but don’t forget Grealish and Hourihane, as the workrate of the 3 combined basically allowed us to play a standard set up and not just sit back. What an evening!

The skill on the half way line leading up to the goal and the subsequent move before Grealish's goal was exquisite.  If that doesn't get appropriate coverage on Sky Sports I'll be mildly irritated.

Edited by claretman
poor English

Match thread is not to be taken seriously. Are you joking ? The ‘supporters ‘ posting are very serious about their contributions to the thread. The heat of the moment is just a cop out for negativity.

• Like 1

Massive kudos must go to Dean Smith here for the half time changes that changed this game! However it was also the mental change that swung this game.

The first half Rotherham bullied us, physically and mentally. 

We still had the better of the chances but they simply looked a bit more up for it;  The goal and the sending off felt a bit more than it would usually, I couldnt see how we were getting back into this. 

Then the second half came and all changed.

Yes Kodjia was great, he changed the script on the pitch with the injection of quality where they didnt want it; But it was the mental change that was the bigger change!

We out battled the battlers, never let a ball go; It was great to see that we can get down and dirty when needed, and all this with 10 men. Fantastic effort!

This result must have been heart breaking for the rivals for the promotion spots!

• Like 4

Absolutely amazing second half. MOTM to Mcginn but Elmo, Jedinak, kodjia and Grealish also superb.

Think Grealish is trying to play a little within his self at the moment as still has slight injury as you could see by his strapped calf but his bursts of skill and drive are irreplaceable. 

Elmo had a couple of moments when under Bruce he would have just tossed it in but instead cut it back to players in the box in space.

Jedinak actually really helped as we were struggling with there physicality and high balls. He managed to win 9 aerial duels in his time on the pitch compared to Axels 4 and Mings 1.

mcginn was just incredible in the second half and really evened up the man advantage by being everywhere, stopping everything and bursting forward to set up counters.

Tayls had a very poor opening but was good second half.

only player that really had a bad game who’s hold up play and passing has been really off recently.

think the introduction of Kodj was really important as well as they realised they couldn’t go forward as much when he kept skinning there whole defence.

my only worry now is that they all put so much effort in and looked completely exhausted by the end which could be a problem for Saturday with Bristol having extra days rest.

UTV I bloody love you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swollef said:

McGinn looked in pain at the end,Hope he's ok for Sat

He was just gutted he has to go back in his box!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

Unbelievable! 1v0 down away from home with 10 men and won. No way would Bruce have achieved that!

Who knows, We only had one red under Bruce and that was cabbage day. 2-0 up, Chester off and down 3-2. Pulled it back to 3-3 in 91st minute and then would have won if Whelan had scored his pen in the 97th minute.

We didn't give up then despite an absolutely massive collapse after the red

• Like 1

Almost didn't bother watching the 2nd half as the first was worse than a pre-season game. Glad i decided to give it 10 minutes now though. McGinn would be the bargain of the season if it wasn't for Norwich somehow managing to sign both Buendia & Pukki for a combined £1.3 million. Shows what can be had with some good scouting rather than just chucking big money at name players

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Confused 1

Amazing turnaround with 10 men, second half we just came at them and scored two quick fire goals. Held on a bit at the end but saw the game out professionally. Kodj had a great 45 mins and really changed the game. Once again McGinn was everywhere - the man is pure class. Jack's goal was just beautiful.

Hopefully they'll be ready for Bristol on Saturday. Come on Villa!

This team. I love’m, I really do. Sometimes, as a fan, loving your club is something you do because you have to. Like a family member you really don’t like but you still invite them for Christmas. Sometimes, as a fan, loving your club is like being madly in love with the girl of your dreams. When you’re together, it’s like magic, you feel all kinds of sexy emotions, and you can’t wait to see her again next. This Villa team is like that. 

They don’t always make it easy, they will make mistakes, but they’re always freaking worth it in the end. They’re passionate, sexy and fun. They never quit. 

And John McGinn. Oh, John McGinn, I’d f***ing marry the little f***er if I could. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Best run I've seen since maybe as long as I've followed Villa

We won 8 in a row under Bruce didn't we?  And what about when we were top of the league under John Gregory? 

Edited by Razor
  • Like 1

Â