• Adomah
    • Abraham
    • Jedinak (Adomah 37)
    • Kodjia (El Ghazi 45)
    • Whelan (Grealish 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/19 at 13:00

Just now, VillaAlex said:

A fantastic second half, which made up for the dreadful first.

Special mentions to Braveheart McGinn, the guy isn't human. He is such a top class player, he's going all the way to the top I hope we go with him.

Elmo, Jedinak and Axel in the second half were all excellent too. Almost faultless.

Jack was Jack, and Kodjia put in his best performance of the season.

Well played Dean Smith as well, superb management, and to get 7 wins in a row against 7 difficult fixtures is something we never would have dreamed of a month ago. 

This sums it up.

Ref had to send one of our players off to make it 11 aside. Mcginn couldnt walk by the full time whistle. What a player, what a warrior!! 

Him and Grealish are leading us to promotion. 

Special mention to Jedinak. Hasn’t played in months and pretty much won everything that came his way.

• Like 1

McGinn was like a man possessed. I have not seen such a gutsy performance from a Villa player, it was phenomenal. The amount of times he burst into midfield and beat several players and moved the ball on was incredible. He contested everything, and won everything. Wow. 

The first half was like a bad dream, very frustrating. Alot of credit goes to the players today for digging in and finding a way to win. You could see how hard they were all trying.

• Like 2

well that was nervy , should have put that game to bed and saved my finger nails

thats as good as Kodjia has been since his bad injury , hope he keeps that up

El H 7 starts in a row and 7 wins , I’m sure Jack is the main reason but it could be the absence of Hutton :) ... 

Jed with a blinder at CB , Bruce was right all along .. who knew 

any team whose prime weapon is a long throw doesn’t deserve to be in the championship 

tough test on Sat , we will need to up it a little 

Ref did his best to spoil the game and ruin our winning run. Felt sorry for Mings  but worried now about cover for Saturday, although Jedinak was comfortable tonight. Mcginn is something else and Jack turned it on when needed. Not sure about Tammy, is he carrying a knock or suffering a loss of form?

Another win against the odds and isn't nice to be down to ten men and have a team that can still dominate the ball. Can't remember the last time we could say that!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

McGinn was like a man possessed. I have not seen such a gutsy performance from a Villa player, it was phenomenal. The amount of times he burst into midfield and beat several players and moved the ball on was incredible. He contested everything, and won everything. Wow. 

The first half was like a bad dream, very frustrating. Alot of credit goes to the players today for digging in and finding a way to win. You could see how hard they were all trying.

My favourite midfielder since Platty. (Grealish is a trequartista :D)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

John McGinn is the smartest transfer we've made in years. At 2.8m, you could only get 1/4 of a McCormack or half a Tshibola.

This season's hero for sure - leaves everything out on the pitch.

He has a 20% sell on clause, so more like £7m - but still a bargain 😉

• Haha 1

I was fuming with that first half. No idea what happened to us but we completely lost it. Fair play to Dean Smith though, i'm guessing he give them a right bollocking and we come flying out in the second half, Kodjia was a great sub as well who played fantastic. 

Grealish and McGinn stepped up big time but I give my MOTM vote to McGinn, his runs with the ball in that second half were bloody superb.

Massive test on Saturday now, especially without Mings. 

• Like 1

Â