Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

God knows if we're interested or not but I wouldnt rule anything out this window. Choosing Everton over us is not a given at all. I can't think of one reason why that would be. Our owners mean business. Who could deny that?

A player is not going to give a flying toss how long a club has been in the PL. If the money is right and the club is serious and ambitious about what they're doing, they'll be interested.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

35-40 million for one good season in France is value for money? 

Utd spent similar on Martial with a similar/worse record with Monaco, and that's before the fees went utterly mental and Monaco went completely turd. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Utd spent similar on Martial with a similar/worse record with Monaco, and that's before the fees went utterly mental and Monaco went completely turd. 

True and look how that worked out for them...

I’m not saying he is not worth those sums or that he would be a great signing. I just disagree you can call it value for money. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

God knows if we're interested or not but I wouldnt rule anything out this window. Choosing Everton over us is not a given at all. I can't think of one reason why that would be. Our owners mean business. Who could deny that?

A player is not going to give a flying toss how long a club has been in the PL. If the money is right and the club is serious and ambitious about what they're doing, they'll be interested.

Everton are an established PL side and we are (at least perceived to be) relegation fodder. We need to prove ourselves before we are more attractive than Everton. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I think it would boil down to who offered the highest wages. It’s how the likes of Man City and Chelsea were able to attract top players whilst they were still building. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True and look how that worked out for them...

I’m not saying he is not worth those sums or that he would be a great signing. I just disagree you can call it value for money. 

You don't think he's done well there? If managers played him consistently and more through the middle they'd have a 20+ goal a season striker. He rarely gets 90 and is shoved out wide because he's fast despite arguably being the best finisher they have in front of goal. 

I agree with you that you can't call it value for money until the player's played and shown what he can do. I agree it looks expensive but there's also huge potential too. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Everton are an established PL side and we are (at least perceived to be) relegation fodder. We need to prove ourselves before we are more attractive than Everton. 

We prove ourselves by showing players our ambition. I think we're doing that and then some.

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:
  • Better Stadium(Currently)
  • Better Kit(It's just snazzier)
  • Better Fans(Including moi)
  • Better Celebrity fans
  • Better History
  • Better owners 
  • Better everything tbh, oh and Balti pies

And don't forget we have HRH pulling strings for us with the Work Permits Appeals Board... 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it would boil down to who offered the highest wages. It’s how the likes of Man City and Chelsea were able to attract top players whilst they were still building. 

Of course it does. It’s a short term relationship. He can stay in the Premier League even if we don’t, so a combination of wages and who provides the opportunity to shine is much more important. 

• Like 1

How much money do we have to spend, what is the limit and who sets this limit? Why can’t we spend £300 million in one summer for example?

If ffp is over a 3 year period surely we can counter balance a large transfer spend?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Is Nakamba a good option? 

Nakamba was a real class player in his first season in Bruges. One of the main men to lead them to the title. He got injured towards the end and that kept on going until the beginning of last season. He got his chance but never really was able to perform at that same high level again, though I still think he is class. His professionalism now seems to be at a low level. Our new manager wants him in the squad, but he doesn't even want to come to Bruges to talk with the coach.

If he reaches the level of his first season, absolute class player.

Aston Villa and Club Brugge were close to an agreement for £11m over midfielder Marvelous Nakamba last month, but Villa insisted that Club would take one of their players on loan according to @FooTTomaz / @hlnsport. An offer that got a clear ‘no’ from Brugge. #avfc @hlnsport

Edited by Linkert
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Linkert said:

Nakamba was a real class player in his first season in Bruges. One of the main men to lead them to the title. He got injured towards the end and that kept on going until the beginning of last season. He got his chance but never really was able to perform at that same high level again, though I still think he is class. His professionalism now seems to be at a low level. Our new manager wants him in the squad, but he doesn't even want to come to Bruges to talk with the coach.

If he reaches the level of his first season, absolute class player.

Aston Villa and Club Brugge were close to an agreement for £11m over midfielder Marvelous Nakamba last month, but Villa insisted that Club would take one of their players on loan according to @FooTTomaz / @hlnsport. An offer that got a clear ‘no’ from Brugge. #avfc @hlnsport

Thanks for the insight @Linkert, what was the injury? Do you think his drop in standards is purely down to the player's frustration with the injury?

Hard to know I guess. The acting up to get a move certainly raises question marks. Finally, what makes him class in your opinion and do you think he will go this window?

7 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Thanks for the insight @Linkert, what was the injury? Do you think his drop in standards is purely down to the player's frustration with the injury?

Hard to know I guess. The acting up to get a move certainly raises question marks. Finally, what makes him class in your opinion and do you think he will go this window?

It was a knee injury. I'm not sure if it's because of his injury, I'm not really sure. A new player joined Bruges last season for the same position, he replaced Nakamba more than well, but Nakamba still got a lot of chances, but didn't take them. Could be a matter of confidence combined with the injury, because he was out for several months.

He is playing it hard now, is in Paris and doesn't want to return to Bruges because he wants to leave. But Bruges are playing hard too, and I applaud that, a player should not be the boss, if everyone starts doing it that way...

His class is that he 'cleans up' many things as a defensive midfielder. He has very good defensive skills and can change an opponent attack into an attack for us in no time. He has a good view over the field, he was an unmissable key for the title for Bruges. I'd say with him in the form of 2 seasons ago, we would have taken it last season too.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Linkert said:

This bit is a little weird IMO. I can't imagine what player they might have had in mind to go out on loan. Other than Thor or perhaps Nyland. 

1 minute ago, Ponky said:

This bit is a little weird IMO. I can't imagine what player they might have had in mind to go out on loan. Other than Thor or perhaps Nyland. 

Wesley :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ponky said:

No it's strange indeed. How can a club insist this? Club didn't ask for it. Maybe they thought of Kalinic?