Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Anybody thinking the more we secure prime targets, the more players etc will be taking notice, also giving us confidence to go after targets even higher up the ladder, which may have seemed unrealistic at first?

I.E "Villa mean serious business, and have some serious money, worth seeing what's going on there" - Agents and players

So wouldn't surprise me if we are making "enquiries" just to test the waters with some heavy hitters, obviously doesn't mean we will get them but...

I can see our owners being like kids in a Candy Store, and not in a Tony Xia way either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hate to one the one that pisses in your cornflakes but even though I don’t even know who Leao is. I know we will not be signing him. 

Well he has been my star striker on FIFA for the past 5 (Fifa years), loves it at the club, so you're talking nonsense.

I've rejected bids from Juventus, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich for him.

• Haha 2

No guarantees it’s us or it he will make but this kid looks special and has the potential to worth double in 12 months if things turn out right ... that’s the gamble I can see NSWE & co taking, that is our new business model and his versatility & potential make it worthwhile for me. I remember Purslow saying we are a year ahead of schedule so I can see us stretching the budget this year but being restrained in year two. I also think we will look at moving players on once we have signed who we want to sign. However  the issue being we are slim on saleable assets. Hogan, Bree, Lansbury, Thor, Kalinic, Tish and highly unlikely Elmo to Toon, Chester, Greene, Kodija . 

Edited by thabucks

Laeo certainly fits the model of player we are looking to sign.. hes at a French club too so will more than likely want the move and represent value for money...

If rumours are to believed that we could go 5-3-2 then maybe we will see him/maupay before the window shuts..

2 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

Laeo certainly fits the model of player we are looking to sign.. hes at a French club too so will more than likely want the move and represent value for money...

If rumours are to believed that we could go 5-3-2 then maybe we will see him/maupay before the window shuts..

35-40 million for one good season in France is value for money? 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s all relative. Joao Felix only had one season for Benfica first team to go for 120mil.

I’ve not seen Leao play, but he seems very highly thought of.

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes in my view... your paying for potential as much as anything and the boy looks special. Just imagine Leao, Wesley El Ghazi with Jack, Mcginn & Douglas .. Targett . Mings , Engels , Guilbert & GK 😍 

Edited by thabucks

42 minutes ago, thunderball said:

More whispers of us being the mystery bidder for Rafael Leao...?

I can't see us spending £35-40m on a player this summer. If we re-establish ourselves in the Premier League then yes, but for now it's about quantity for reasonable fees, rather than 1-2 quality players for big money. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I can't see us spending £35-40m on a player this summer. If we re-establish ourselves in the Premier League then yes, but for now it's about quantity for reasonable fees, rather than 1-2 quality players for big money. 

I can. If we had say Maupay and Benrahma pencilled in, that would be £38m-ish. But Leao is these two rolled into one, plus we may get Harry Wilson as a back up loan with option to buy. I can see it.

• Like 1

Just now, thunderball said:

I can. If we had say Maupay and Benrahma pencilled in, that would be £38m-ish. But Leao is these two rolled into one, plus we may get Harry Wilson as a back up loan with option to buy. I can see it.

So mystic Meg is doing the lottery Thunderball draw now then? 😉

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yes in my view... your paying for potential as much as anything and the boy looks special. Just imagine Leao, Wesley El Ghazi with Jack, Mcginn & Douglas .. Targett . Mings , Engels , Guilbert & GK 😍 

I’ve never seen him play so can’t comment. I think if he’s really worth 35-40 million then Benrahma is worth 20-25m.

18 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Its Everton. And if anyone has matched their bid as some others say my money is on West Ham.

Hes Portugese though so expect 4 teams to match Evertons 40m bid and then he signs for Wolves for 12m. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

What rumours would these be? All I’ve seen is people completely guessing because we seem to be buying another cb (Engels). Afaik Smith has never played a back 3

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

More whispers of us being the mystery bidder for Rafael Leao...?

Whispers from where? Not prepubescent chuckleheads on Twitter I hope?