Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

25 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What rumours would these be? All I’ve seen is people completely guessing because we seem to be buying another cb (Engels). Afaik Smith has never played a back 3

18 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Whispers from where? Not prepubescent chuckleheads on Twitter I hope?

According to La Voix Du Nord, Everton will offer €40million (£36million) for Lille attacker Rafael Leao – but a mystery Premier League club have made a move too.

The Toffees need a new striker this summer, and youngster Leao has been linked with a move to Goodison Park for much of 2019.

Everton have been linked with a host of other strikers too, but it's now claimed that Everton are putting forward £36million to try and secure 20-year-old Leao this summer.

They will face major competition though, as Valencia, a mystery Italian club and even another Premier League club are preparing to match that £36million offer.

It's unclear who that Premier League club is at this point, but it's interesting that these reports come just weeks after Aston Villa were linked with a move.

Super Deporte in Spain reported that Villa were rivalling Everton and Valencia in the race for Leao's signature, and that matches up perfectly with the new claims from France.

Villa have spent heavily on Wesley, but with more cash to spend, launching a huge move for Leao could be a superb move, handing Dean Smith another dangerous attacker to work with.

Leao is different to Wesley, possessing great pace compared to Wesley's strength an aerial ability, meaning they could work as a tandem, replacing Tammy Abraham with not one but two exciting young forwards.

Given Villa's outlay this summer, another £36million spent may be a real push, and for now, we're suggesting Everton are the favourites to bring him to the Premier League – but it would be little surprise if Villa are the mystery club involved after those recent links.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/15/report-mystery-pl-club-to-match-evertons-bid-for-rafael-leao/

Maybe this is what they are referring to?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Delph has signed for Everton for "up to 10m".

Hot darn it we missed out there......

Lol nope.

I think we can overtake Everton as early as this season.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Delph has signed for Everton for "up to 10m".

Hot darn it we missed out there......

Lol nope.

As we all know, Delph signing a contract means nothing. Could still move elsewhere during the window :♧

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why not? We may sell ourselves as a better proposition, more likely to get first team football etc.

a) They'll likely pay more wages
b) Will he get more first team football here? Would imagine it would be pretty even
c) They're more of an established Premier League club than we are

Why would he choose us over Everton?

I guess we have Suso who has worked with him before, so that could play a role... but not sure how much of one.

Edited by PieFacE

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why not? We may sell ourselves as a better proposition, more likely to get first team football etc.

Anyway we still have a squad to fill. After almost spending 100m we can’t blow another 35m on one player where there’s potentially another 3-4 to sign.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

b) Will he get more first team football here? Would imagine it would be pretty even

The “Project”. The owner’s vision, the ambition.

He would also be assured of the right side of the front 3 or middle 5.

Everton and West Ham are similar clubs, lots of cash but they just can’t put it all together.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

The “Project”. The owner’s vision, the ambition.

He would also be assured of the right side of the front 3 or middle 5.

Everton and West Ham are similar clubs, lots of cash but they just can’t put it all together.

Yeah maybe. Not going to say that won't happen. But I think history shows that in this type of scenario, the more established clubs get the player.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Well we have no idea what kind of money we are throwing around on wages. 

We only have one recognised first team striker, plus we don’t have many options out wide where he could also play. Everton have a bigger squad with more options so I’d think he’d be more likely to start for us. 

Well we may be able to sell the potential or the playing style to him. Look at that French defender last season turning us down as he didn’t like  Bruce's style of play.

Agreed Everton are more established club. But there are a lot of intricacies in transfers (his agent may prefer working with us, or get a bigger cut from us etc) than saying he wouldn’t sign for us instead just because Everton also want him 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yeah maybe. Not going to say that won't happen. But I think history shows that in this type of scenario, the more established clubs get the player.

Yeah, even if it is us, it’s a very outside bet. Lots will likely still happen before the window shuts so who knows?

I'd hope we were being cautious with wages. If we go back down which is a distinct possibility. we need to have plans to cater for it. I doubt Everton are thinking along those lines like us, so will therefor be likely to offer better wages. Maybe we could structure a deal to be a relatively low wage but with additional bonuses on staying up, goals/assists etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

• Better Stadium(Currently)
  • Better Kit(It's just snazzier)
  • Better Fans(Including moi)
  • Better Celebrity fans
  • Better History
  • Better owners 
  • Better everything tbh, oh and Balti pies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd say it's far more likely we're being linked to Leao because we've been splashing the cash this summer, and it's better for Lille to leak there's "another PL team" interested to put pressure on Everton to pay up. So Lille leaks there's another club interested, whether true or not, and the Internet Detectives name Villa as a suspect.

Unless of course it's all true. If that's the case, I knew it all along and was just throwing you off the scent.

• Like 1