Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

RHM, he’s one of our own, local lad, trust me, he is brilliant, I still have high hopes for him

no offence but your success rate on brilliant players is quite bad. Gardner, Delfouneso, Ethan Moore. Am sure is a few more ;)

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

no offence but your success rate on brilliant players is quite bad. Gardner, Delfouneso, Ethan Moore. Am sure is a few more ;)

Gardner and Delfouneso are doing well for themselves now, Moore not so

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

RHM, he’s one of our own, local lad, trust me, he is brilliant, I still have high hopes for him

He isn't brilliant though. 2 goals in 16 is a terrible return for a striker, especially for a striker who is supposedly ready for the Premier league playing in league 2.

3 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

He isn't brilliant though. 2 goals in 16 is a terrible return for a striker, especially for a striker who is supposedly ready for the Premier league playing in league 2.

Harry Kane had a similar goal return during loan spells, went back to Spurs, look at him now, loans very rarely give a true reflection of a player’s ability. In my opinion, RHM can do something similar to what Kane did

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Delfouneso is 28 and has 36 career goals. never once cracked double figures. He is about as useful as Jordan Bowery(please dont say Bowery was brilliant too ;) )  

I cannot believe that after just being promoted and having two ambitious billionaire owners on board who want to take us to the top that we are even debating RHM and Austin being good options. What's happened to our ambition? There is a whole continent of players out there. Many of them are very good value and far far better options than both of them. It's like winning the Euromillions and Lotto in the same week and buying a new car but debating between a Citroen and a Peugeot.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure the people in charge of the club do have far greater ambitions than crap like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are they though? One is at Blues and the other is at Blackpool, they are both light years below our level and even further from the level we aim to be at. I don't think we'll be bidding to bring either of them back any time soon...

• Thanks 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s younger and hungrier, RHM can be a great player for us I think, I think the club do too

I'm younger and hungrier than Kodjia. That doesn't mean I'd be a better option.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Delfouneso is 28 and has 36 career goals. never once cracked double figures. He is about as useful as Jordan Bowery(please dont say Bowery was brilliant too ;) )  

Bowery looked great when he came on against Stoke I think it was 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Harry Kane had a similar goal return during loan spells, went back to Spurs, look at him now, loans very rarely give a true reflection of a player’s ability. In my opinion, RHM can do something similar to what Kane did

So you think RHM will captain England at the next world cup and win the golden boot? 

You really are making my Monday entertaining, @sir_gary_cahill. You're helping me forget it's not Wednesday. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I cannot believe that after just being promoted and having two ambitious billionaire owners on board who want to take us to the top that we are even debating RHM and Austin being good options. What's happened to our ambition? There is a whole continent of players out there. Many of them are very good value and far far better options than both of them. It's like winning the Euromillions and Lotto in the same week and buying a new car but debating between a Citroen and a Peugeot.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure the people in charge of the club do have far greater ambitions than crap like that.

Hey, I drive a Picasso you p****. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Okonokos said:

I'm younger and hungrier than Kodjia. That doesn't mean I'd be a better option.

Personally, I want young and hungry players at the club, not only that but a bit of experience wouldn’t go amiss either

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So you think RHM will captain England at the next world cup and win the golden boot? 

You really are making my Monday entertaining, @sir_gary_cahill. You're helping me forget it's not Wednesday. 

I didn’t say that, did I? You’re putting words in to my mouth there, RHM has an awful lot of potential 

• Confused 1

People write Hepburn-Murphy off too soon, he's been unlucky with injuries, and when Bruce played him he was used in completely the wrong way; also his goal record at Cambridge wasn't very impressive, but there are many other youngsters who've gone on loan haven't done all that well and then gone on to have good careers, sometimes these loans are more about getting them used to the physical side of the game, and  playing every week in front of fans.

He needs a good pre-season without getting injured, and then probably a loan, but if he can stay fit, I wouldn't put it past him to have a better career in the game than any of the strikers currently at our club.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1