Pre-Match thread

John

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Grealish captain as well. I have to admit I'm stunned at that. 

About time. I imagine there are a few reasons. We need a boost, its a huge thing for him and i'm sure its probably partly trying to keep him in the summer

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So, if the doctors think grealish is ready, but you think he isn’t, I know which I Hope smith is listening to.   I.e. it’s not desperation to play your best player if doctors and physios say he’s ready

What do doctors have to do about this? They don't make the decision if grealish is fit to start. That's the managers decision. Whether he starts or not? If he picks up a injury and is out for another lengthly period then let's see if your saying that? 

5hw hasn't played in two months. Too much pressure on the lad already 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

What do doctors have to do about this? They don't make the decision if grealish is fit to start. That's the managers decision. Whether he starts or not? If he picks up a injury and is out for another lengthly period then let's see if your saying that? 

Should we just never play him again in case he gets injured? :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

About time. I imagine there are a few reasons. We need a boost, its a huge thing for him and i'm sure its probably partly trying to keep him in the summer

Whatever happens ith the summer with grealish no matter what club he goes to if he does leave there is no chance he wilm get the same kind of love as he does here. He will just be another player at those clubs. Here he always be the superstar. 

I'm hoping he will demonstrate some leadership today as we have lacke dtbat recently 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure anyone has said its all Jack. A major loss though. 

Comon chap a few have said it.

Anyway, we will be expected to start improvements with jack back in, or else a few more will lose the love.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

5hw hasn't played in two months. Too much pressure on the lad already 

Ludicrous.   Of course doctors and physios decide ahead of a manager about fitness.  What era are you living in???   Does the manager decide if he needs surgery?   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just notices Steer is starting over Kalinic again, interesting.

I've felt all the time the concussion was a hoax. This seems to confirm that.

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

Kalinic dropped? It can't still be concussion protocol. 

Bring three GK's in in one season, and still rely on someone we had last year. 

This. Is. Villa.

Let's be honest here Kalinic have been far from impressive from what we payed for him.

Steer has not put a foot wrong everytime he's played this season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Comon chap a few have said it.

Anyway, we will be expected to start improvements with jack back in, or else a few more will lose the love.

I'll be disappointed if there is no improvement over the next few games with jack back in

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah 😂 

But I think starting him is a huge and in necessary gamble

Well, doctors, physio’s, coaches, and jack himself all appear to disagree with you.   It might give some pause for a re-think.