The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

3 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Another production error :(

This is editing to influence the perception of viewers politically, by suppressing the disbelief and contempt which greeted Johnson's words.

This must be in breach of their charter,  and internal procedural guidance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They've edited to make it appear as if Johnson was being clapped. What a crock of shite the BBC are now. 

I don't think it needs scrapping, but they need to be held to account. I'm not sure how though. 

It is so damaging to democracy, because many people will believe that the BBC are paragons of independent journalism. If ever there were such a thing.

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

They've edited to make it appear as if Johnson was being clapped. What a crock of shite the BBC are now. 

I don't think it needs scrapping, but they need to be held to account. I'm not sure how though. 

It is so damaging to democracy, because many people will believe that the BBC are paragons of independent journalism. If ever there were such a thing.

I've just noticed that the two parts with Boris in seem different? Am I going mad? 

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I've just noticed that the two parts with Boris in seem different? Am I going mad? 

They cut off the first few words.

He stumbles over his first few words then recovers. But even when he starts his response as shown in the second clip, there's still laughter in the background. They've cut out the repetition/hesitation and played with the audience sound.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They cut off the first few words.

He stumbles over his first few words then recovers. But even when he starts his response as shown in the second clip, there's still laughter in the background. They've cut out the repetition/hesitation and played with the audience sound.

Aha, yeah, it's just so out of sync 😂

Idiots.

So twitter says (and I haven't researched it myself) that he's a South African who came here in the 80s, when the most objectionable racists were running away from the changes they could see coming, and that he's a tory candidate for some office or other, not MP.

Whether that is true or not,  he's clearly a tory supporter who has been selected in contravention of the BBC policy and procedure.  How?

There has been discussion previously about how the QT audience is selected,  and the influence of a very right wing producer in that.  This adds to that existing concern.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Aha, yeah, it's just so out of sync 😂

Idiots.

I've just downloaded and arranged the clips to play together and I'm either going mad, or I am mad and I'm going madder, but I think the BBC is very different, including background.

Behind a paywall unfortunately, but https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bbc-whistleblower-bosses-suppressing-russia-stories-lwzn2pm9x

BBC whistleblower: bosses suppressing Russia stories

John Sweeney, a BBC investigative reporter, has turned whistleblower and filed a complaint against the corporation with Ofcom, the broadcasting watchdog. He alleges investigations into Labour’s Lord Mandelson, the former Tory cabinet minister John Whittingdale, the Brexit funder Arron Banks, the oligarch Roman Abramovich and the far-right activist Tommy Robinson were all dropped.

He claims that other potential reports into “the pro-Russian sympathies of Labour spin doctor Seumas Milne” were never even commissioned by BBC editors and raises more concerns about Boris Johnson’s links with Russian oligarchs.

John Sweeney is a good investigative journalist with good values, so worth keeping an eye on this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Bullshit response

There is no problem in shortening a clip but to merge two clips to edit the audience reaction and change Johnsons response is bang out of order. I wouldn't put it past them to be editing in canned laughter to every clip of Jeremy Corbyn.

I have said this before but I find it really sad was has happened to the BBC. It has never been perfect but I always believed it was in the main impartial but to suggest that now would be laughable, assuming the BBC don't edit it out. 

BBC was a British institution that the Tories have ruined. They have started on the NHS already and give them another 5 years and that will allow them to finish it off.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I think everyone who is against the Tories need to unite under one banner for now, I'm a green/lib dem supporter but **** it, I'm voting tactically so as not to spread out the vote with Labour to get these dark forces out of power. The BBC is under attack by these word Removeds from within. I dont like Corbyn and his pals but compared to Johnson et al they are fluffy adorable kittens.

Agreed. 

I don’t want to vote for Corbyn, but the tactical voting guide thingies are telling me Labour are the best chance of stopping Tories/Brexit in my area, so I’m holding my nose and voting for them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is why the BBC is not fit for purpose. Privatise it, at least then it will not have pretend what it's bias is and we wouldn't have to attempt to hold it to a standard that it will never again reach.

Yeah, that’d sure teach the tories a lesson they wouldn’t forget.

Â